Regular Cleaning

So I'm through my third usage and was wondering what everyone does for regular cleaning. I wash the water pan after every use as well as vacuum the ashes. Today I hit the grates as well what else do you guys regularly do to keep your verticals relatively clean?
That's basically what I do. But I wipe down the temp probe as well and do my grates every cook.

So I'm through my third usage and was wondering what everyone does for regular cleaning. I wash the water pan after every use as well as vacuum the ashes. Today I hit the grates as well what else do you guys regularly do to keep your verticals relatively clean?
Same here but I also clean the door glass periodically so I can see what’s going on inside
Plus a burn off after a juicy session

But I wipe down the temp probe as well
Keeping the glass clean isn't fun, but a clean widow IS fun. If you don't keep up with it nearly every smoke, it takes a fair bit of elbow grease to get the thick buildup to budge in my experience. I clean the grates if i'm putting stuff directly on them, but lately i've been using big baskets that i can slide in and out easier, so now i only clean the grates if they're really bad. So far I have not cleaned the walls or the back.

ANT0407 gives a good reminder to clean the temp probe. buildup on there would impact accuracy. i gotta do that before my next round!

Keeping the glass clean isn't fun, but a clean widow IS fun. If you don't keep up with it nearly every smoke, it takes a fair bit of elbow grease to get the thick buildup to budge in my experience. I clean the grates if i'm putting stuff directly on them, but lately i've been using big baskets that i can slide in and out easier, so now i only clean the grates if they're really bad. So far I have not cleaned the walls or the back.

ANT0407 gives a good reminder to clean the temp probe. buildup on there would impact accuracy. i gotta do that before my next round!
For my window I used Dawn Power Spray which is just a degreaser and a fine scotch brite pad and it was pretty easy to clear it up.

Does anyone use a plastic scraper to clean their glass, or doesn't that work very well? If I had a vertical, that might be the first thing that I would try. But I'm not sure how effective it would be.

I used to clean the inside of my aquarium with a nylon scrubber, but found that a plastic scraper worked way better and way faster.

Does anyone use a plastic scraper to clean their glass, or doesn't that work very well? If I had a vertical, that might be the first thing that I would try. But I'm not sure how effective it would be.

I used to clean the inside of my aquarium with a nylon scrubber, but found that a plastic scraper worked way better and way faster.
I use Windex on the glass.

Goo Gone Oven and Grill Cleaner. Basically just for the window and a squirt on the probe.
For the door window I take the door off and put it on horses. Glass side up gets Goo Gone swashed around for a minute, sit for few minutes then wiped off with a clean cloth. Then sits outside airing for a while before reinstall.

I use a razor blade type paint scraper. It work incredibly well and if you put an old piece of cardboard down it is even easier.

Latest Discussions

Back