Sear plate not fully opening on PS850

TommyRox

Reaction score
Just got a new PS850 and it seems that the searing plate will not fully open. Is this the normal or should the vents match up to fully open? It seems the rod to open plate is crooked and and hits the inside before the grates fully open. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PB1.jpg
    PB1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 65
  • PB3.jpg
    PB3.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 38
  • PB2.jpg
    PB2.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 37
I don't have a grill with a rod, so I'm not sure of the connection. Are there any extra threads left on the rod where it attaches to the sear cover plate? Or is that not how it's designed?

Your sear plate is not in the correct position. The right side should rest on the half circle and the left side piece the corners should come through the two slots. As it is your grease will not drain correctly either.
Jim I think you nailed it! Makes complete sense! I wondered what the slits on the left side were for. I will give it a try when it stops raining. 🙌

Jim I think you nailed it! Makes complete sense! I wondered what the slits on the left side were for. I will give it a try when it stops raining. 🙌
Hope the sear feature works out for you. If you've had some cooks with the plate that way. Please make sure you clean any grease out of the bottom.

Back