Set Temp Dropping

Scottysmoke

Reaction score
Hey all, I’ve had a pro 800 for awhile and every once and awhile it will lose its set temp.
Example: smoking salmon set it to 250 10 min later on the app I get a notification my frill has reached its set temp of 180z
I reset it to 250, it reaches 250 awhile later I get the same grill has reached set temp of 180. Any help?

Hey all, I’ve had a pro 800 for awhile and every once and awhile it will lose its set temp.
Example: smoking salmon set it to 250 10 min later on the app I get a notification my frill has reached its set temp of 180z
I reset it to 250, it reaches 250 awhile later I get the same grill has reached set temp of 180. Any help?
Welcome from Texas to the group!
When’s the last time you cleaned your temperature sensor?
A dirty sensor causes this to happen
I clean mine after each cook.
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome from Texas to the group!
When’s the last time you cleaned your temperature sensor?
A dirty sensor causes this to happen
I clean mine after each cook.
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸
I’ll give that a try. I haven’t done that.

It’s reading the correct temp etc but keeps dropping the set point on its own. Usually only on sub 350 F temp it seems.

hi Scottysmoke,

I have even worse problems with my vertical, typically 50-60 degree swings. The first question is, do you have an accurate thermometer to compare against what the PB is saying?

Mine was under warranty, so I called and they sent me a new motherboard and probe. I installed them, and same problems, except last time I did ribs I kept checking my Thermoworks (+-0.1 degrees) and the typical 50-60 swings, but when it reached 420F (actual), I unplugged the )(**()@#&$ thing. I researched new controller boards on Amazon and hopefully this weekend I'll install it and see if it does the trick...

hi Scottysmoke,

I have even worse problems with my vertical, typically 50-60 degree swings. The first question is, do you have an accurate thermometer to compare against what the PB is saying?

Mine was under warranty, so I called and they sent me a new motherboard and probe. I installed them, and same problems, except last time I did ribs I kept checking my Thermoworks (+-0.1 degrees) and the typical 50-60 swings, but when it reached 420F (actual), I unplugged the )(**()@#&$ thing. I researched new controller boards on Amazon and hopefully this weekend I'll install it and see if it does the trick...
When’s the last time you cleaned the temperature sensor?

hi Scottysmoke,

That sucks.
My issue is not the grill temp fluctuating or the sensor but the temp setting itself.
I set it to 350f it heats up, I put meat on for a 4 hour smoke. At 1.5 hrs I get an app notification out of no where that my grill has reached its set temp of 180f. When I go check the set temp has changed itself from 350 to 180. Maybe the app is glitching?

That sucks.
My issue is not the grill temp fluctuating or the sensor but the temp setting itself.
I set it to 350f it heats up, I put meat on for a 4 hour smoke. At 1.5 hrs I get an app notification out of no where that my grill has reached its set temp of 180f. When I go check the set temp has changed itself from 350 to 180. Maybe the app is glitching?
Check the connections, could be the controller
Try deleting the app and reinstalling it

Back