Smoker reaches correct temp, but reading is inaccurate

ryou

Reaction score
Hello,

Having a strange issue with my tabletop smoker.

When I turn it on, the temperature reading stops and hovers at a very low temperature, around 100 F, and after a short time the smoker errors and shuts off. HOWEVER, it is otherwise fully operational and it still reaches the right temperature I set it to.

Setting it to 250 F for example, I have verified it still reaches and holds at the correct 250 F temperature with a digitial meat probe. But because the smoker still thinks it’s not ramping up in temperature, I have to power cycle it every 30 minutes or so to keep the cook going.

I am wondering if there a simple fix for this before I decide I need to get a new control board perhaps. I have made sure the built in temperature probe inside the grill is clean and not compromised in any way.

Thank you in advance :)

Sounds like the control temp probe is bad. The one on my 1150 is on the left and tip is just above grate level. Try cleaning it good unless you can see it's bent or damaged
Hello, thank you for the reply. The temp probe was cleaned and not damaged in any way.

As I pointed out already, the smoker reaches and holds at whatever temperature I set it to. I think the temp probe is fine. However, the temp reading on the display hovers at around 100 F no matter what temp I set it to, which causes the smoker to time out and shut off.

Hello, thank you for the reply. The temp probe was cleaned and not damaged in any way.

As I pointed out already, the smoker reaches and holds at whatever temperature I set it to. I think the temp probe is fine. However, the temp reading on the display hovers at around 100 F no matter what temp I set it to, which causes the smoker to time out and shut off.
It gets that number from the probe.

Hello,

Having a strange issue with my tabletop smoker.

When I turn it on, the temperature reading stops and hovers at a very low temperature, around 100 F, and after a short time the smoker errors and shuts off. HOWEVER, it is otherwise fully operational and it still reaches the right temperature I set it to.

Setting it to 250 F for example, I have verified it still reaches and holds at the correct 250 F temperature with a digitial meat probe. But because the smoker still thinks it’s not ramping up in temperature, I have to power cycle it every 30 minutes or so to keep the cook going.

I am wondering if there a simple fix for this before I decide I need to get a new control board perhaps. I have made sure the built in temperature probe inside the grill is clean and not compromised in any way.

Thank you in advance :)
Call Danson’s customer service at 877.303.3134 or 480.923.9630 for information or suggestions for the new app, or operating assistance or for a warranty registration or parts replacement under your 5 year warranty.

In Canada: Phone: 1-877-942-2246 And 877-303-3134 and 877-942-2246 are the Danson’s tech line.

Also definitely leave your phone number for call back if prompted to.

You can also Try the chat feature on the PitBoss website. https://pitboss-grills.com/

If your controller is the issue, they can diagnose it and get it replaced under warranty for you.

So if you set it to 250 the temp goes up to 250 and stops but the controller still reads 100? If so, yes, do as stated above and call Dansons. They'll get you a new controller. If it's giving you an error and the probe is clean / not damaged, you need a new controller.

So if you set it to 250 the temp goes up to 250 and stops but the controller still reads 100? If so, yes, do as stated above and call Dansons. They'll get you a new controller. If it's giving you an error and the probe is clean / not damaged, you need a new controller.
Yes, this is correct.

That is what I figured. Appreciate the help.

Latest Discussions

Back