Temperature reading on Pit Boss Pro series 6 elite

PitBoss_Guest

Reaction score
I have a pit boss pro series 6 elite pellet smoker. On my first start and burn off, the unit will show what the temperature is heating up to but will not show current temperature. I just bought this unit and this is the first time using it. Every video I have watched on it, theirs shows a temperature on the top display. Mine doesn't.

I have a pit boss pro series 6 elite pellet smoker. On my first start and burn off, the unit will show what the temperature is heating up to but will not show current temperature. I just bought this unit and this is the first time using it. Every video I have watched on it, theirs shows a temperature on the top display. Mine doesn't.
Have you checked all of the connections?

I got the new temperature probe, and it was very easy to replace. Unfortunately this was not the problem. I talked with tech support and they helped me download the app and
Sounds good
Keep me posted 🇺🇸🇺🇸
I received the replacement temperature probe and replaced it (it was very easy to replace, a five minute job). Unfortunately this did not correct the problem. I talked with the support department and they helped me with downloading the app (which is an issue in its own, there are issues where some can't download it or it freezes up or takes forever). I am able to control my grill with my phone and control the temperature. But the main issue is the control box itself. After linking with support and having them physical seeing the issue through video link. It was established that the control need software updates that they can eventually do by wifi while communicating with my grill. None of this has happened yet. I am waiting a week or so to see if this happens, if not I will be in contact with them again.

Attachments

• 20240327_164246.jpg
    20240327_164246.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240327_164257.jpg
    20240327_164257.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 8
I got the new temperature probe, and it was very easy to replace. Unfortunately this was not the problem. I talked with tech support and they helped me download the app and

I received the replacement temperature probe and replaced it (it was very easy to replace, a five minute job). Unfortunately this did not correct the problem. I talked with the support department and they helped me with downloading the app (which is an issue in its own, there are issues where some can't download it or it freezes up or takes forever). I am able to control my grill with my phone and control the temperature. But the main issue is the control box itself. After linking with support and having them physical seeing the issue through video link. It was established that the control need software updates that they can eventually do by wifi while communicating with my grill. None of this has happened yet. I am waiting a week or so to see if this happens, if not I will be in contact with them again.
Hopefully they get it solved 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I just picked up a Pro Series Elite 6 and I'm having trouble with the unit. It won't ignite the pellets.
They drop but the ignitor never ignites. Anyone else having that issue?

I just picked up a Pro Series Elite 6 and I'm having trouble with the unit. It won't ignite the pellets.
They drop but the ignitor never ignites. Anyone else having that issue?
Welcome from Texas to the group!!
Check all of your connections especially the igniter connection.
If you’re using an extension cord make sure it’s a heavy gauge cord instead of a cheap one.
Let me know what you find 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back