Too Hot

jgalu

Reaction score
After using a PitBoss Pro Series Vertical Smoke I am seeing two problems that constantly occur

1- The temperature setting is about 15 degrees lower than what its set at. I confirmed this using other oven thermometers near the smokers sensor and other location, have cleaned the interior multiple times including the sensor. Is there a way to calibrate the sensor?

2- Using the supplied probe and plugging into the MPC port it will accuarlty show what ever we are smoking temperatures but the smoker will randomly change temperature, If I do not use the probe the smokers temperature will remain steady.

I would think there would be a way to calibrate and solve Problem 1 but Problem 2 not so sure.

Thanks
Jerry

After using a PitBoss Pro Series Vertical Smoke I am seeing two problems that constantly occur

1- The temperature setting is about 15 degrees lower than what its set at. I confirmed this using other oven thermometers near the smokers sensor and other location, have cleaned the interior multiple times including the sensor. Is there a way to calibrate the sensor?

2- Using the supplied probe and plugging into the MPC port it will accuarlty show what ever we are smoking temperatures but the smoker will randomly change temperature, If I do not use the probe the smokers temperature will remain steady.

I would think there would be a way to calibrate and solve Problem 1 but Problem 2 not so sure.

Thanks
Jerry
Only 15 degrees lower........... you doing good, lol. I don't know of any way to calibrate the sensor. Just keep it clean and adjust your set temp to get the temp you want in your chamber. 15 degrees is nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back