Weird temps since app/upgrade

DanStealth

Media
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s the new app or what, but I recently did the update and now my smoker refuses to raise temps above 225.

I thought it might be the pellets but I put new ones in I just bought and it’s still the same thing.

I set the temp to 225, was taking forever and stuck at 220 so I raised 240, and it dipped…..so I raised it to 300 and now it’s just been pretty solid at 225..in the past tho 300 would put me around 275. It’s pretty warm outside so it’s not the outside temp. Not sure what’s going on.

Attachments

• IMG_2992.png
    IMG_2992.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 60
Hopefully you get it figured out
That’s the reason I don’t want a app plus it give me the chance to go check on it person with my handheld thermometer and a cold beer 🍺

I’m wondering if it was my pellets now.

I’ll have to try again. food came out great anyway so it’s not the worst but I don’t like that it doesn’t seem accurate anymore. If I have to stress over the temp I’ll just use my kettle lol

Not sure if it’s the new app or what, but I recently did the update and now my smoker refuses to raise temps above 225.

I thought it might be the pellets but I put new ones in I just bought and it’s still the same thing.

I set the temp to 225, was taking forever and stuck at 220 so I raised 240, and it dipped…..so I raised it to 300 and now it’s just been pretty solid at 225..in the past tho 300 would put me around 275. It’s pretty warm outside so it’s not the outside temp. Not sure what’s going on.
Mine will reach the set temp on the smoker/app. But if I check temp with another thermometer it just keeps climbing.
The smoker will display 250 but I’ve seen it get up to 350. So if I change the set temp + or - 5 degrees the display will then start to climb to match my independent thermometer and eventually fall back to set temp. What’s going on pit boss??

Latest Discussions

Back