WiFi/Bluetooth update...

sntlewis

Media
Reaction score
I don't know if this works for other Wifi controllers other than PB1150PS2, so beware and as always YMV..

Per PB support late yesterday (8/2)....

1) make sure app is at current version. Android is 2.0.1. No idea about Apple/iOS.

2) plug grill in but do not start or press power button. Want controller powered up but not running. Connect to grill through app and BT. At this point an "update" grill popup occurs...

Worked for me. Tried on two different controllers.

I had a bitch of a time with the update would not connect to bluetooth or wifi now this was while smoker was running i read that some one mentioned to have smoker just plugged in but not running I did that and update took right away then i went in on the app and put in my network and password so far no issues just take a bit longer for the smoker to come up in the app so can adjust temps

I had a bitch of a time with the update would not connect to bluetooth or wifi now this was while smoker was running i read that some one mentioned to have smoker just plugged in but not running I did that and update took right away then i went in on the app and put in my network and password so far no issues just take a bit longer for the smoker to come up in the app so can adjust temps
You would think they would have added that small bit of instructions with the download of the update.

AFAIK, The reason it takes a bit longer for the app to connect/control the grill when on Wifi connection is that the app connects to a cloud server which is connected to the grill. That was the root of the Wifi problem as I could tell. The cloud server and the grill weren't communicating. However to us end users it looked like an app problem.

I received my smoker 2 weeks ago and got the update notification during my initial burn in. My grill update went Ok, I had 1 retry and it went through the second time. It has been working flawlessly so far for me. - Very nice!

Back