1600 Elite PSE issues

I have the same grill and I haven't fired it up at night yet, but I did see ash everywhere on the shelf. I thought the fit was not very tight on the opposite side from the hopper. The other side with the clamp fits better. I might have to look in to this as well. In my opinion the design is flawed. There needs to be something on the other end to secure it.
Hi Bob and welcome. I had the same issue and then some. The figment of the 1600 ash box DOES NOT FIT!! I had embers blowing out of the area onto my deck. Made me REAL nervous. Cust service is aware of this problem and will send you a replacement for the 1150 model unit. They both look identical but the figment of the 1150 is a much tighter fit. Call them as soon as they open and you’ll get an agent right away. (877) 303-3134 They open @ 7am Arizona time I believe. Good luck and happy Smokin’!! 👍🏼🍻

My brand new 1600 Elite PSE is doing the same thing!!! First smoke, going into the night, it looked like "sparklers" coming out of the bottom!!! Bottom tray has ash all over it. Definitely a flaw in their execution of a good idea... yet it is definitely flawed!!! I am going to contact them. I saw on YouTube bobsbbq in Tx posted of having the same issue on this latest 1600 PSE as well. A new burner pot and seal solved it for him. Hopefully it will for me. This isn't acceptable! :(

My brand new 1600 Elite PSE is doing the same thing!!! First smoke, going into the night, it looked like "sparklers" coming out of the bottom!!! Bottom tray has ash all over it. Definitely a flaw in their execution of a good idea... yet it is definitely flawed!!! I am going to contact them. I saw on YouTube bobsbbq in Tx posted of having the same issue on this latest 1600 PSE as well. A new burner pot and seal solved it for him. Hopefully it will for me. This isn't acceptable! :(
Welcome from Texas to the group. !!
Glad your enjoying your new grill.
Not a flaw in tray.
You need to sift your pellets through a colander and then store them in a air tight container
That will solve that.
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome from Texas to the group. !!
Glad your enjoying your new grill.
Not a flaw in tray.
You need to sift your pellets through a colander and then store them in a air tight container
That will solve that.
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Thanks for the info Cowboy and the Welcome! I really appreciate both!!! ;) I store my pellets in the Oklahoma Joe's 20# capacity sealed square black container with lift out basket/shaker and I did sift/shake through that and a colander before pouring the pellets into my 32# hopper. The tray does not fit very tight when you slide it in and to the left and there are two areas that you can see the light of the flame coming through the seal.... during smoking at night. And those two areas seem to be where the ash is blowing through. Just an observation. Thanks again for the Welcome and info....that's why I came to this Forum... ;)

Thanks for the info Cowboy and the Welcome! I really appreciate both!!! ;) I store my pellets in the Oklahoma Joe's 20# capacity sealed square black container with lift out basket/shaker and I did sift/shake through that and a colander before pouring the pellets into my 32# hopper. The tray does not fit very tight when you slide it in and to the left and there are two areas that you can see the light of the flame coming through the seal.... during smoking at night. And those two areas seem to be where the ash is blowing through. Just an observation. Thanks again for the Welcome and info....that's why I came to this Forum... ;)
Good deal. Don’t know what brand of pellets you’re using
I use bear mountain
A lot less dust. You might try them 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome Ace!! I assume you read my issue - I had burning embers falling out of mine. Returned it free to Lowe’s within 2 weeks and promptly ordered a replacement. The same thing happened again. Pit Boss customer service send out a replacement ashpot that is actually labeled PBE1100 model. If ya hold the 2 side by side they look identical. The new one is a way tighter fit. I no longer have that issue. I just wish they didn’t upgrade their control app. That no longer works for me, but I’ll get over it. Happy Smokin’!!

Welcome Ace!! I assume you read my issue - I had burning embers falling out of mine. Returned it free to Lowe’s within 2 weeks and promptly ordered a replacement. The same thing happened again. Pit Boss customer service send out a replacement ashpot that is actually labeled PBE1100 model. If ya hold the 2 side by side they look identical. The new one is a way tighter fit. I no longer have that issue. I just wish they didn’t upgrade their control app. That no longer works for me, but I’ll get over it. Happy Smokin’!!
Thank You Cagrant for the Welcome! ;) And yes, I did indeed read your issue. I am going to reach out to Pit Boss Customer Service and see what they say... and maybe they will send me an ashpot as well??? I have smoked a second time now, with the same result, using Bear Mountain pellets, with the same results. Glad to hear that you no longer have the issue! Happy Smokin' to you as well!!! Thanks again! ;)

Back