4" Polyurethane Castor Upgrade for PB OEM

MrJRoz

Media
Reaction score
Hello all, just ordered these for my Sportsman 7 - the back porch cement is too rough on the OEM castors and is chewing them up. I put polyurethane ones on my previous smoker that held up well. The bolt pattern is pretty standard on the 3 and 4 inch - I chose 4 because the wheels are wider and will not get stuck on the cement relief grooves.

Has anyone else made this mod? Just curious how you like the change.

If anyone is interested.. https://amzn.to/4d3dkfu

1726157725218.png

I bet those will work good. I've considered something similar for my Lexington to make it easier to move across the lawn. They sure are proud of casters! :oops:
These pneumatic castors are all over the web - including amazon. For example - These have a 2 inch, bolt on mounting base and are 10 inches in diameter. They also have the swivel variant. Not cheap but may work for you.

Amazon.com

1726182315899.png
1726182403826.png

Try these?

I used three wheels, two in the back and one in the front. This way the stand does not wobble on uneven surfaces (like my cracked garage floor or backyard...).
Check closely if you order, all swivel.

Attachments

• 6-inch dia, 8-inch height.jpg
    6-inch dia, 8-inch height.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hello all, just ordered these for my Sportsman 7 - the back porch cement is too rough on the OEM castors and is chewing them up. I put polyurethane ones on my previous smoker that held up well. The bolt pattern is pretty standard on the 3 and 4 inch - I chose 4 because the wheels are wider and will not get stuck on the cement relief grooves.

Has anyone else made this mod? Just curious how you like the change.

If anyone is interested.. https://amzn.to/4d3dkfu

View attachment 10060
Correction - The bolt plates do have different size hole patterns, so I also ordered the 2" and 3" and will return the ones that do not fit. I will report back which ones fit. I should receive them this weekend - Sat

Stay tuned....

Ok - The ones that fit are too small (2" 1.7 measured). The PB OEMs are 2.5 and are narrow so just getting 2.5" wheels and drilling out the center pin and using bolts doesn't work either. So, I kept the 3" and will adapt them with 4 pieces of 1x3 treated wood or 3x3/16 steel flat stock -- more likely I will use the treated wood. I will post pics when finished.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back