Another No go Pit Boss

dano`

Reaction score
Good day friends, although it is a sad day for me... Last night, fired up the ole PB700FB. She was heating up just fine. When it came time to kick it up to the required grilling temp, I did so, setting the temp at 400, closed the grate, then the lid. A few seconds later, I had a blank screen on the control panel. Opened grill back up, no real flame, fans not blowing, no auger, augering. Checked my connections and all were good. Outlet had power. Let it set for a few minutes and tried to fire it back up, and nothing. So I let it set over night, and turned it on, but still nothing. I did a little research and found some models have a fuse. Mine apparently does not.
If anyone has any other ideas of what I should look at, please feel free to comment. Thanks in advance for any help.
God Bless America! Stay safe this holiday!

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a pack of fuses from Amazon. The Pit Boss tech I spoke with said its not a good Idea to use a slo-blo fuse. He did point me to Amazon to get the fuses. He also said there was a process of elimination to determine why the fuse blew.

Replace the fuse but disconnect everything, if it doesn't pop the fuse, plug in the augur, then the fan, if it doesn't pop the fuse plug in the ignitor. Process of elimination or you may have had a voltage drop in your area which drove the amperage up to pop the fuse.

One of the parts must or might have a direct short in it making the fuse blow.
Don't fret too much, check out this bull cocka-----

States to sue EPA over 'damaging' environmental impact of residential wood-burning stoves | Fox Business

Don't fret too much, check out this bull cocka-----

States to sue EPA over 'damaging' environmental impact of residential wood-burning stoves | Fox Business
Any fossil fuel and or combustible fuel will eventually be their target

I ended up having to order a control board. I Just got it yesterday and installed it a little bit ago...grill fired right up...well kinda. It ran for like a minute or so, then went into an Err code, then shut off. I unplugged it, removed the grates and such, plugged back in and started it up again. I could see where there were no pellets in the flame pot. They did start to feed in, but it shut down again with the same code. I'm thinkin my igniter must be bad.

I ended up having to order a control board. I Just got it yesterday and installed it a little bit ago...grill fired right up...well kinda. It ran for like a minute or so, then went into an Err code, then shut off. I unplugged it, removed the grates and such, plugged back in and started it up again. I could see where there were no pellets in the flame pot. They did start to feed in, but it shut down again with the same code. I'm thinkin my igniter must be bad.
Try putting enough pellets in the fire pot to fill it 2/3rds before each start up. Also check for a "puck" forming at bottom of burn pot covering the hot rod.

I did clear all the pellets that were in there, and the igniter is exposed. I'm going to give it another go here. Also, the pit boss site is not very well suited for finding parts for the grill. I used their search and typed in igniter and it came back with no results.

I did clear all the pellets that were in there, and the igniter is exposed. I'm going to give it another go here. Also, the pit boss site is not very well suited for finding parts for the grill. I used their search and typed in igniter and it came back with no results.
Go to Shop --> Accessories --> Replacement Parts. There are two listed there.

Although if you need an ignitor, try to get a warranty replacement rather than ordering it yourself.

Here you go. Look at this.
Hopefully it will help you

Hot Rod Ignitor Kit for Pit Boss 700 700FB 70112 820 820D 820Pro, Compatible with Camp Chef Wood Pellet Grills, Fire Works Igniter Replacement Parts for Traeger Wood Pellet Grills https://a.co/d/7Mbv2Cp

Back