Another No go Pit Boss

Welp...I got the ole
Go to Shop --> Accessories --> Replacement Parts. There are two listed there.

Although if you need an ignitor, try to get a warranty replacement rather than ordering it yourself.
I was going to try that, but shortly after I got my Pit Boss is when they came out with the longer warranty. I called them to ask then complain about it and they basically said I was s.o.l.
So, I did get the grill to fire up, running, and that she does. Installed new hot rod. I got the two pack and they came with new temp. sensors, but I did not install them as the old one was working fine up to the time of grill failure.
I noticed the oem rod was burnt through the bottom when I got it out. Ater installing new igniter, I fired it up the display was showing 30 deg., and it ran for about 30 seconds then shut off with Err showing on display. Unplugged it, turned it back on and it ran for about 92 seconds, only to shut off and display same Err. Shut off and unplugged it again. This time it stayed running. ( Both previous attempts the igniter did light up) So after it got things flaming, I set it to 350, went in to prepare the food to be grilled came back out and it was still showing 30 deg. on display, but grill temp was 550. I could turn it down to the smoke setting and it would back the flame and heat down as well. Since my Hot Rods came with new temp. sensors, I'm going to put one in to see if that helps. wish me luck, also, if Im forgetting any thing, throw that out there too.

Back