Auger times in Smoke mode

I agree - that must be frustrating. I went to the Pit Boss website to check out your grill. I had never seen that controller style before, and yes, there is no P-setting (not that I doubted you - I just wanted to understand). It does seem like the CS person you talked to was thinking of a different model with P-settings and a chimney.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the smoke output. Even if you can't adjust the P-setting, you should still get a smokey flavor. I believe most of us keep it at the default P4 setting which is possibly what yours is locked in at. But we also use a smoke tube because pellet grills in general (even the Traeger you keep mentioning) do have limitations when compared to offset smokers. They are all using similar logic, mechanics, and fuel, so the results will be similar. I think the Weber SmokeFire is one of the exceptions to the rule, where they tried a different design to create more smoke flavor.

You could always try a different brand of pellets (I think people really like LumberJack and Bear Mountain for more smoke output). Remember, good clean smoke is the best kind of smoke. Not the billowy white stuff that pumps out when you first start your grill.

We are here to help you as much as we can. Let us know if you have any other questions.

For most things the PB is great. Did a spatchcock turkey a while back and was a big hit even with my wife. However when I do bacon I want smoke. If this unit won't smoke it should be sold as a pellet grill not a pellet grill/ smoker. I'll just throw a tube in when I do bacon

Latest Discussions

Back