Casters

You could drill the legs
Install axles and pneumatic tires
That’s creative. My vertical on casters travels on concrete from storage to the location I do the smoking. I considered taking it into the yard for effect but would recruits some help and carry it over.

That’s creative. My vertical on casters travels on concrete from storage to the location I do the smoking. I considered taking it into the yard for effect but would recruits some help and carry it over.
Good morning Steve,
Its so hard to move the unit on grass which is where i place mine at to cook due to i have
no deck on concrete pavement to cook at. I enjoy the unit,it was a 50 dollar purchase that
the seller didnt want to fix.

Good morning Steve,
Its so hard to move the unit on grass which is where i place mine at to cook due to i have
no deck on concrete pavement to cook at. I enjoy the unit,it was a 50 dollar purchase that
the seller didnt want to fix.
I’d take that deal too. One thing about the casters that works for me is that they lock. The cooking area is slightly sloped and that lock reduces the chance of drift.

Hello everyone,
I have one of the vertical smokers and yesterday one of the casters broke off. They dont do to well in grass and i was wondering if anyone has
did a mod and replaced the stock casters with something bigger.
@Smoothjazz: Not sure of the size you are looking for but pneumatic castors are all over the web - including amazon. For example - These have a 2 inches bolt on mounting base and are 10 inches in diameter. They also have the swivel variant. Not cheap though -- it may be worth it to being that you paid $50 for your smoker.

Last edited:
Back