Cold weather instation

so far its not looking good. its extra cold today (7) right now.. and after turning it on, it was gaining about a degree per minute. once it got to about 87 it threw an ErL error. I shut it down and started it back up... we'll see how it goes

edit - re lit the smoker, and it seems to be going better!

Last edited:
so far its not looking good. its extra cold today (7) right now.. and after turning it on, it was gaining about a degree per minute. once it got to about 87 it threw an ErL error. I shut it down and started it back up... we'll see how it goes

edit - re lit the smoker, and it seems to be going better!
You'll get that code when it's that cold and windy, a restart always worked for me. Have to set the temp higher to maintain the temp you want inside to smoke.

I’ll see how it works. My grill is sunk into the ground and frozen in. I’ll prolly put some patio bricks down to make it look better in the early summer under the grill and around it.
9B95F258-7030-445C-A05B-D1FEE72FEFE7.jpeg
E5E22C92-1811-4AEE-976C-435C04A47D23.jpeg
FC5229F7-76B5-4C75-8347-8B998A4DB324.jpeg

I hope the blanket works for you. Out of curiosity do you smoke with the cover to the stack screwed down that far I just left mine wide open and I'm trying to figure out what works for others.
I tried wide open and half way I really haven’t got any different results. I keep it open a good amount after start up them start closing it when it’s cold out and windy. It’s kinda windy today so I’m trying to figure out what works better. But before maybe I’ll smoke with a 2” gap. I always thought the more air the better it could breathe. At least that’s how it was with my charcoal offset. This seems different tho.

Welder blanket from HarborFreight
Cheap and works great
Yeah I knew about those but I like the way this one looks and see if it did what it’s suppose to do as designed. Idk I like looking at it more than just a welding blanket. Plus I like the fact that I can keep it on and put my cover over it when I’m done too.

Latest Discussions

Back