Dawn Ultra Platinum Powerwash vs Pit Boss Cleaner and Degreaser

Preferred cleaning solution?

• Total voters
Seriously, are you guys power washing the INSIDES of your PB? I understand cleaning the door in a vertical unit, but knocking off all that internal "seasoning" is not something with which I am familiar. After a cook, I heat it up on high until it stops smoking and later scrape the broiler plate and slider and Bob's your uncle. What am I missing here?
Other than the grates you guys clean your smokers?

Seriously, are you guys power washing the INSIDES of your PB? I understand cleaning the door in a vertical unit, but knocking off all that internal "seasoning" is not something with which I am familiar. After a cook, I heat it up on high until it stops smoking and later scrape the broiler plate and slider and Bob's your uncle. What am I missing here?
I clean my grates and temp probes. Inside just gets a scrape, brush, blow. The broiler plate I keep covered with foil.

LA's Totally Awesome All-Purpose Spray Cleaner works great!

$1.25 at Family Dollar / 3.75 for 64oz. Same stuff is $15 on Azn. I used the PB as well and for the money this stuff melts the smoke residue and the grease and cleans up the window very well. Just like the PB cleaner non toxic... With either one I use a little bit of windshield wash on a shop towel as a final touch on the glass.

Attachments

• 1725556637110.png
    1725556637110.png
    159 KB · Views: 4
Started off using Pit Boss's Cleaner & Degreaser. Worked OK. After a bit more research and hearing what others were doing, I'm currently using CitrusSafe to loosen up stuff then I use Dawn Ultra Heavy Duty to clean grates. I've started using heavy duty wide grilling aluminum foil inside the bottom of the grill/smoker barrel and whenever I change that I have a bucket of water with Dawn Ultra that I use to wipe down the inside of the grill/smoker. I don't use this on the flame broiler pieces. I use a scraper and a PelletHead vac to keep these clean (avoid using water on these). Occasionally I'll use my power washer if things are really heavily caked and cooked on—but not on the inside of the grill/smoker.

Latest Discussions

Back