Fire or no fire

DBL1967

Reaction score
Just purchased a Pro Series II 4 today. Primed the auger and did the burn out. Was gonna try to smoke some wings but during the preheat we saw fire in the burn pot and shut it off. Dumped the ash and pellets in a metal bucket. We went through the steps again and the same thing happened. Tried one more time (again after we dumped the burn pot) and had plenty of smoke but heard the fire roaring and shut it off again because flames could be seen licking up out of the burn pot when we opened it up. I’ve read on here that there should be no fire, and I’ve read that fire/flames are normal. Which is it? What could be the problem if we’re getting flames but shouldn’t?

Just purchased a Pro Series II 4 today. Primed the auger and did the burn out. Was gonna try to smoke some wings but during the preheat we saw fire in the burn pot and shut it off. Dumped the ash and pellets in a metal bucket. We went through the steps again and the same thing happened. Tried one more time (again after we dumped the burn pot) and had plenty of smoke but heard the fire roaring and shut it off again because flames could be seen licking up out of the burn pot when we opened it up. I’ve read on here that there should be no fire, and I’ve read that fire/flames are normal. Which is it? What could be the problem if we’re getting flames but shouldn’t?

Welcome and it's normal.​

Latest Discussions

Back