Firmware issues

Hard to replace an ink bird 4 Channel….!! Works great on my PB portable!
IMG_2279.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 25
That’s why I don’t want this feature
I use a handheld thermometer and I also have a stand alone four probe meat thermometer and a app on my phone. Never have an issue
Same here the more thermometers the better…my grill does stabilize really well though so I hope it matches my other thermometers today lol

Ok gang, let’s muddy the waters. I tried again this morning to update the
with my iPhone 14 with IOS 17. The update failed again. Then I used my iPad Pro and amazingly it worked. Not sure if there is a difference between the apps for iPhone vs. iPad. App version on the iPhone and iPad is 1.1.4. I’m palling to do a cook tomorrow so shall see what the new controller code does.

with my iPhone 14 with IOS 17. The update failed again. Then I used my iPad Pro and amazingly it worked. Not sure if there is a difference between the apps for iPhone vs. iPad. App version on the iPhone and iPad is 1.1.4. I’m palling to do a cook tomorrow so shall see what the new controller code does.

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on an iPad, my old one is dead. There is often a difference between iPad apps and apps for the iPhone, as they'll optimize the app for the iPad layout/resolution.

Hopefully it works, but I'm trying to attach screen shots of each step in the update process. It always gets to that 25% mark where it switches over to the MCU update, then the "critical update" message appears, shortly after the update failure notice. Repeatedly...

I've tried different phones, deleting and reinstalling the app, using different wifi connections (I have multiple routers in the house)... all failing.

IMG_3666.PNG
IMG_3667.PNG
IMG_3668.PNG
IMG_3669.PNG
IMG_3670.PNG

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on an iPad, my old one is dead. There is often a difference between iPad apps and apps for the iPhone, as they'll optimize the app for the iPad layout/resolution.

Hopefully it works, but I'm trying to attach screen shots of each step in the update process. It always gets to that 25% mark where it switches over to the MCU update, then the "critical update" message appears, shortly after the update failure notice. Repeatedly...

I've tried different phones, deleting and reinstalling the app, using different wifi connections (I have multiple routers in the house)... all failing.

View attachment 4674View attachment 4675View attachment 4676View attachment 4677View attachment 4678
Welcome from Texas to the group! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Just for kicks are you using a 2.4 ghz connection? I saw the app only works on that...Also if you're router has both 2.4 and 5 I've heard of issues with the 5ghz just crapping on 2.4ghz connection of some devices and if you lower the signal of the 5ghz connection you will be able to use it...not a solution in the long run but that happened to my security panel... I happen to have a extender for my 2.4ghz network and had my grill connect to that vs the main router.

Just for kicks are you using a 2.4 ghz connection? I saw the app only works on that...Also if you're router has both 2.4 and 5 I've heard of issues with the 5ghz just crapping on 2.4ghz connection of some devices and if you lower the signal of the 5ghz connection you will be able to use it...not a solution in the long run but that happened to my security panel... I happen to have a extender for my 2.4ghz network and had my grill connect to that vs the main router.

Appreciate the reply -- yes I'm using 2.4ghz, not only because it's all the controller will use but it has a longer range so I'd choose it anyway.

My router does have both 2.4 and 5ghz. I have too many devices dependent on my 5ghz signal to monkey with that right now, but I'll keep it in mind if I get desperate. I have a ton of devices (mostly smart bulbs, and other utility items) on my 2.4ghz channels and this is the only one that's having an issue updating firmware.

From all the research I've done, this seems to be a common issue since the app update took place two weeks ago.

Just a follow-on. The cook went without a hitch. This time was Salmon so the cook was not that long. The controller did seem to do a better job of temp swing control.

I have the pro series elite 6 PBV6PSE. the bit boss application on my phone and the controller on the smoker have been working wonderfully since I got them. That was up until a few days ago. The application updated on September 6 and now nothing works. It is currently on version 1.1.4
The application opens and shows the grill as connected. But when you try to control the grill, the application says that a critical firmware update is needed in order to make it compatible with the application. It begins the process of updating, but then it crashes and says it can not be done.

I'm stuck. I've tried unplugging the unit and holding the power button down ( aka factory reset) I've uninstalled a reinstalled the application. I've removed the grill from my profile and re-added it. Nothing.
Don’t know if you got this fixed or not. I ran into the same issue. Kept kicking me out of the update. Weird thing happened today. Fought with the update for about an hour last night…zip zilch. Sit down at the front room this afternoon and it loads right up. My guess is that it gets twisted with the Bluetooth and the WiFi. Try it outside of Bluetooth range and see if it finishes the update

Don’t know if you got this fixed or not. I ran into the same issue. Kept kicking me out of the update. Weird thing happened today. Fought with the update for about an hour last night…zip zilch. Sit down at the front room this afternoon and it loads right up. My guess is that it gets twisted with the Bluetooth and the WiFi. Try it outside of Bluetooth range and see if it finishes the update
Welcome from Texas to the group!!
🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back