Hello from Oklahoma. Home of Sooner Softball!

supspt454

Reaction score
Waving a hand. Just bought an Onyx Lexington from Walmart $327. Wife and I don’t need a big cooker. However, I was told that the upgrade control for WiFi and Bluetooth won’t work on this cooker. Said only Onyx cookers it will work with us the Austin XL and Savana. Is this true. The controls are the same for all Of ya models.

Waving a hand. Just bought an Onyx Lexington from Walmart $327. Wife and I don’t need a big cooker. However, I was told that the upgrade control for WiFi and Bluetooth won’t work on this cooker. Said only Onyx cookers it will work with us the Austin XL and Savana. Is this true. The controls are the same for all Of ya models.
Welcome, generally pellet smokers have a couple channels.
Auger drive
Fan
Igniter
Temp probe
GMG also has a fan in the pellet vat.
WIFI is an also ran option.
GMG sold me a complete burner system, controller and all to modify a Masterbuilt unit. It bolted right in. It shouldn't take too many Sta-cons to put what ever you want in there.

One thing I've wondered is if there is different programming for the small, medium, and large horizontal Pit Boss grills. I've been looking for an upgrade for my older Austin XL. I had to go with the Competition Series 1600 controller based on another member's experience. I also see a PID with WiFi option for the medium grills. I'm not sure if I see one geared toward the small Lexington-sized grills. Or maybe I'm wrong on the different programming options based on size. I'd love to hear other people's opinions.

Last edited:
Back