I'm new here!

I'm new as well, but so far I don't see much difference between settings on the rear damper. I usually leave mine in the "less open" position thinking I'll get a bit more smoke that way. I've never had any trouble holding temps, but I suppose there might be weather conditions when the open position works better. Interesting you brought it up, because that rear damper was one of the reasons I went with the elite model. It seems to me that design "should" be able to hold side to side temperatures more evenly than a chimney design which pulls the draft to one end. That's nit-picking though, and like the old saying goes, it ain't the arrow, it's the Indian! Happy Smoking!

I noticed the arrows go in both directions there is no mention in manual about which is best I gave up on the app they need to fix it mine won’t connect on either Wi-Fi/bluetooth and failed the firmware update multiple times but it did hose up the controller for manual use I have noticed a lot of problems with it

Welcome to the forum!
Lots of questions let hope we can answer them I have a PB 4 and since the smoke It app was discontinued the blu tooth has gone down hill so once you learn your smoker there is really no need for it .
As for long smokes I have done plenty of 24 hr briskets in mine with zero issues .
As for temp accuracy mine has done very well at holding temp even in the winters of the Mitten .
As for size my PB4 has never run out of room with four rack it has plenty of space
I hope this has answered some of the question of the new guys so
HAPPY SMOKING

I have quite a few large family parties. I used to run 2 Great Outdoors Smokey Moutain "Bricks" the big ones. They have lived their life and will be finding their way to the scrap yard soon. I was thinking that the pellet smoker was going to be the way to go. Can you at least sleep a few hours when you have the smoker running on a long smoke. Also how accurate is the temp control does it self regulate?
I've noticed that the controller on a long smoke will keep the temperature pretty darn close to what I set it for.

I’m new to pit boss I have a pro 1600 elite pse model what is the best position for the damper on back to be set for
After 5 phone calls to pit boss about my pro 1600 elite pse not connecting Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and failed firmware update that turned it to large paper weight they are not going to replace it I got screwed bought it less than a month old they say it’s an app problem so much for the warranty

After 5 phone calls to pit boss about my pro 1600 elite pse not connecting Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and failed firmware update that turned it to large paper weight they are not going to replace it I got screwed bought it less than a month old they say it’s an app problem so much for the warranty
How did a failed firmware update turn it into a paperweight? Are you saying you can’t light it or cook on it? I have the same smoker and I love mine, even though the app is sketchy at best.

How did a failed firmware update turn it into a paperweight? Are you saying you can’t light it or cook on it? I have the same smoker and I love mine, even though the app is sketchy at best.
The tech had me do a reset on the unit and it froze and the fan stays on I requested a controller board they sent the wrong one but they refused to send out the correct one

Any help out there to help me with my new purchase of a Pit Bos vertical smoker. I like the area of the series 7 but I wish it had the bluetooth option. The only bluetooth ones are way smaller. Anybody have opinions that might help?
Get a stand alone Bluetooth rig, or a double temp spike unit. As you get familiar with your unit I think you will settle on a smoke temp and rock it out. With a thermpro, inkbird or tempspike you will have cook temp and IT and a IT graph.
Some recipes you might go for heavy smoke at 180 for 3 hours, then up to 250 until finished, whatever but I guarantee you will be back and forth enough to know what the oven is doing. I have had $800.00 worth of protein in my bluetooth rig and the original plan was an over night cook. Guess what? I was up all night and somewhat hammered by day break!

Latest Discussions

Back