Legacy Connected Controller

cad700

Reaction score
I've had my PB820PS1 for a few years now. The LCD display started getting very dim, to the point I had to cut the plastic out to see the temp. It was still almost impossible to see the temp during the day, even when it wasn't facing direct sunlight. Decided to upgrade and got the Silicon Nitride Igniter (which is awesome) and Legacy Connected Controller. Replaced the old with these, downloaded the app. Everything was simple and easy, I heard lots of stories about the app but I had no issues connecting to my grill. Since then I've used it about 10 times, never had an issue but I did start to notice the display going dim again. I really didn't care, since I have the app there really isn't any need for the display. It was beyond the return timeframe and it was still working fine so I didn't worry about it. Been out of town for a few weeks, came home and decided to do a reverse sear last night. I also prepared a marinade for some chicken to cook today. put the chicken in the fridge, seasoned my steak, went outside, turned on the grill, it started normally.

I came back in the house. Launched the app but it wasn't connecting, tried a few times, stopping the app after each try. Still no connection.
Went outside and the grill was off. Didn't immediately try to turn it back on, waited about 20 minutes, it's still not turning on. Tried several times, finally the fan would start for a few seconds then turn off. I remembered there is a fuse in the controller. Removed it, changed the fuse, still nothing but I was hearing a knocking noise. Possibly the auger? Bottom cover was still off, I noticed the fan appeared to be stalling. I happened to have another fan, replaced it, still nothing but did notice that if I press the prime button it would try but still not turn on. Gave up and cooked my steak inside. I still have the old controller so I was going to install it and see what happens. Got home today, hit the power button and it came right on. Let it run for about an hour, no issues. Anybody heard of anything like this??

Welcome from Texas to the group!
Don’t care to have one but I’ve seen where guys say uninstall it and reinstall it and it’ll work
Hopefully this helps you 🇨🇱🇺🇸

Latest Discussions

Back