Lost bluetooth password, is there a reset button somewhere?

Kwikkordead

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a PB2180LK that has been giving me some trouble with one of the temperature probes going dead and now it's completely lost any connectivity to the WiFi. To make matter worse, the bluetooth password is no longer accepted if I try and connect. I took a quick look under the door where you plug in the temperature probes and I'm assuming that is where the control board is also. Without having to remove the cover is there one of those little reset buttons on the circuit board that I can depress and removed everything from memory so I can start from scratch on this?
Thank you all.

I just answered my own question. Took the panel off and there is no button visible.
Wifi and bluetooth still inop. Somehow the password for the bluetooth got changed in all my fiddling around with the app and trying to make it connect. Phone app used to connect with Bluetooth only, but WiFI refuses to connect. Yes I'm attempting the 2.4 channel on the modem.
Where I live there is a lot of lightning during monsoon and I leave it unplugged for the most part, but I'm wondering if there was a spike in the power grid that may have fried something?? All I know right now is the connectivity is dead on both the Bluetooth and WiFi.

Just tried again this morning. Bluetooth enabled on the phone. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Logged in successfully to the app. Power on the grill and attempt to add the Lockhart back into the list of grills. Phone connected to the 2.4 band that I set up on the wifi specifically for this unit. Tap on "Add grill" Bluetooth enabled. Standing right next to the grill with line of sight to the Wifi modem. App takes about 20 seconds and then informs me that it cannot connect. IT light is continuously flashing as long as the grill is powered on.
Is there a sequence of buttons pushed that clears everything out of memory and starts over?

Just tried again this morning. Bluetooth enabled on the phone. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Logged in successfully to the app. Power on the grill and attempt to add the Lockhart back into the list of grills. Phone connected to the 2.4 band that I set up on the wifi specifically for this unit. Tap on "Add grill" Bluetooth enabled. Standing right next to the grill with line of sight to the Wifi modem. App takes about 20 seconds and then informs me that it cannot connect. IT light is continuously flashing as long as the grill is powered on.
Is there a sequence of buttons pushed that clears everything out of memory and starts over?
And that’s the very reason I don’t want one of those for my 820. I use a INKBIRD and it’s served me well 🇺🇸🇨🇱

So how does one clear the memory from the controller and start over? There is no reset button anywhere that I can see.
Everything works fine on it, I just cannot interface with the app any more and I think I accidentally changed the password on it in the middle of my fiddling around with it. I just want to clear it out and start over.

So how does one clear the memory from the controller and start over? There is no reset button anywhere that I can see.
Everything works fine on it, I just cannot interface with the app any more and I think I accidentally changed the password on it in the middle of my fiddling around with it. I just want to clear it out and start over.

I found this in another forum:

If you are having issues with the app for your WiFi controller call this number below they will help you out.

Flame Tec at 888-503-8702.

This link may also help

"... try resetting the grill’s network settings. To do this, go to the settings menu and look for the option to reset network settings. This will erase any saved WiFi networks and force the grill to start fresh. ... "

Last edited:
OK, guys I'm going to try one more time. I have lost my BLUETOOTH password. NOT the WiFi password. The IT light is OFF. The list of connected devices listed on my internet access device does not include the Pitboss. I'm not having any trouble with the WiFi. Where I'm getting firewalled is the Bluetooth password when I try and access the grill just to get it started and connect with the WiFi. I cannot find a way to reset the memory on the controller board so that I can return the controller board back to factory original, NO PASSWORDS STORED ANYWHERE, status.
I cannot even connect with Bluetooth, let alone get it to communicate with WiFi. Does anyone have any idea on how to reset the control board back to factory original with no passwords or any other information stored in the memory on the control board?

OK, guys I'm going to try one more time. I have lost my BLUETOOTH password. NOT the WiFi password. The IT light is OFF. The list of connected devices listed on my internet access device does not include the Pitboss. I'm not having any trouble with the WiFi. Where I'm getting firewalled is the Bluetooth password when I try and access the grill just to get it started and connect with the WiFi. I cannot find a way to reset the memory on the controller board so that I can return the controller board back to factory original, NO PASSWORDS STORED ANYWHERE, status.
I cannot even connect with Bluetooth, let alone get it to communicate with WiFi. Does anyone have any idea on how to reset the control board back to factory original with no passwords or any other information stored in the memory on the control board?
BT does not have a password - you need to unpair the device and repair it. BT uses a numeric code when it pairs. The board's BT ID credentials are hard coded in the firmware.

This is as far as I can get trying to access the grill via Bluetooth. WiFi isn't connected at all. IT light when I took this screenshot was blinking and there's no way for it to connect to WiFi due to the fact that the password is changed at the gateway from what it was before.

Attachments

• PitBossFirewall.jpg
    PitBossFirewall.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 11
Back