My Brisket seemed like it increased temp inside two fast

rnappi

Reaction score
Hi, I tried my first brisket yesterday on my 850 it was a tad cold around 50degrees out so I used 230 temp instead of the 225 recommended by PB.
I had an 8 lb brisket and started at 830 am by 1200 my inside temp reached 180 according to my PB Meat thermometer. So I lowered to
210 wrapped it in foil and cooked til 3pm when internal reached 192. I feel like I should have been able to cook longer to get a better ring.
Does anyone know why temp was so high after only three and a half hours cooking ? Seems like it should have stayed at 150 longer. It did taste good and was tender.

It is just my personal opinion but I have found the PB probes to be inaccurate. It best to buy a Bluetooth meat probe and use that instead. Or while your PB probe is in the meat, verify the temp with another thermometer. But yeah, that sounds like it got done too soon.

It is just my personal opinion but I have found the PB probes to be inaccurate. It best to buy a Bluetooth meat probe and use that instead. Or while your PB probe is in the meat, verify the temp with another thermometer. But yeah, that sounds like it got done too soon.
Thanks Mike I will do that.

Latest Discussions

Back