Never been So Disappointed in Pit-Boss Performance

CBearden

Reaction score
My son-in-law purchased me a Pro Series IV vertical smoker this summer that I planned to use along with my 1100 Pro Series smoker. I was excited about the new smoker and looking forward to Pit-Boss upgraded cooks!

From the get-go, there was trouble. I kept getting an unknown error that would reset everything. I thought it was combining my meater probe and the Pit-Boss App that may be causing the problem with competing Bluetooth setup, etc.

I removed the meater probe, and the error went away. It re-occurred occasionally but not often. I clean the smoker after about every 3-4 cooks.

This weekend, I purchased a $169 brisket to prepare for an overnight cook for out-of-state company. I was looking forward to it using the programming features, the temp probes, etc. and to show off the vertical smoker. My friend was considering getting a Pit-Boss, but after my horrible experience, he's having second thoughts!.

I received the same unknown Error code several times, requiring resetting. Then, I received the fan error code numerous times. I finally gave up and put the brisket on my old 1100 series, but the damage had been done, and it was far from what it should have been, especially after spending $169 on it!

I registered the product, but I don't have the receipt since it was a gift.

How do I get this unit returned or replaced?

Thank you,

I did have an issue with mine out of the box as well but PB was quick to send me a new controller and all has been well for over a year now. Sure I have had some challenges, such as trying to clean the firebox and screws been heavily corroded. Also my light cleaning method between cooks was not good enough to clean the cabinet temp probe and I received an ERL. You learn as you go but I am happy with the vertical and now my KC Combo added to the family as well.

Welcome from Texas to the group!
Did you register it from where it was purchased or through pitboss?
Either way all you need to do is contact them
It has a 5 year warranty
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Thank you for your response.

I registered with PB

After the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll go to Lowes and see what they tell me but would prefer to deal with PB directly, although I haven't found where to contact them directly again.

I registered with PB

After the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll go to Lowes and see what they tell me but would prefer to deal with PB directly, although I haven't found where to contact them directly again.
Awesome news. Let me know how it turns out please 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I registered with PB

Welcome @CBearden ! :) On the red and black paper document included in your Pit Boss... "Important...Do Not Return Product to Store" INFO.. it has their Customer Service Contact INFO...
480.923.9630 or www.pitboss-grills.com

They are located here in Scottsdale AZ with great Customer Service. Call them....Reach out to them, sooner than later, to get the ball rolling on a resolution to your issue. Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your vertical smoker... Good Luck!

Welcome @CBearden ! :) On the red and black paper document included in your Pit Boss... "Important...Do Not Return Product to Store" INFO.. it has their Customer Service Contact INFO...
480.923.9630 or www.pitboss-grills.com

They are located here in Scottsdale AZ with great Customer Service. Call them....Reach out to them, sooner than later, to get the ball rolling on a resolution to your issue. Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your vertical smoker... Good Luck!
Thank you!

Back