New PitBoss pellet grill user

vinzer

Reaction score
First time Pellet griller. They were recommended strongly by family and we took the bait. Best purchase ever. So far, I have grilled a brisket, ribs, and tenderloin. All have turned out exceptionally well but I am still in the learning curve. Especially with pork tenderloin. Today I set my temperature at 225 degrees and they were well cooked and juicy. But I have found varying opinions on core temperature and cooking temperatures. I removed mine when the core temp reached 160 degrees and they were not over or undercooked. The first time, I cooked at 350 degrees(based on a recipe) and removed it at 160 degrees. My user book recommends 180 degrees. That seems high and so far I have gotten close but not all the way to 180 degrees. Any suggested of your success stories?

First time Pellet griller. They were recommended strongly by family and we took the bait. Best purchase ever. So far, I have grilled a brisket, ribs, and tenderloin. All have turned out exceptionally well but I am still in the learning curve. Especially with pork tenderloin. Today I set my temperature at 225 degrees and they were well cooked and juicy. But I have found varying opinions on core temperature and cooking temperatures. I removed mine when the core temp reached 160 degrees and they were not over or undercooked. The first time, I cooked at 350 degrees(based on a recipe) and removed it at 160 degrees. My user book recommends 180 degrees. That seems high and so far I have gotten close but not all the way to 180 degrees. Any suggested of your success stories?
Welcome from Alabama! I make a lot of Jerky so I follow the guy from jerkyholic.com - he also does a lot of smoking. When I got my first pellet smoker I followed his recipe for pork loin. He suggests cooking at 225 to an IT of 145. It turned out perfect and that's what I've been doing ever since. I like my pork with a hint of pink though. He suggests the same for tenderloin.

Welcome to the forum.
Pork gets a bad rap, mostly from old practices. My folks used to cook any pork to super heated dry as f#$% temps.
I love pork tenderloins still pink in the center with rosemary demiglace.

On the technical side I have dropped a couple links that may be helpful.

Latest Discussions

Back