New to Pit Boss

AmericanPatriot100

Reaction score
Hey y’all. Im pretty new to the pellet grill scene. And kind of just jumped in feet first! I’ve been using an offset for quite a while and was against the pellet grill but found myself wanting and needing the convenience of a pellet smoker! So I’ve had my grill since July 3rd got it for a smokin deal at Lowe’s on their 4th of July sale! As of this post I haven’t touched my offset and I’ve done about 7 maybe 8 briskets in the pellet grill Countless blocks of cheese, Smoked Mac n cheese, deviled eggs crab. It’s so convenient. And I’m glad I got the pellet grill.

Welcome from the holler 🍻

Now you go on the journey for the best pellets lol. Long road there. Bear Mountain hickory is a go-to for me. Just trying out PB mesquite/oak. Seems like good potential. The competition blends I find underwhelming really and pretty much use them for burgers.

Welcome aboard.

Hey y’all. Im pretty new to the pellet grill scene. And kind of just jumped in feet first! I’ve been using an offset for quite a while and was against the pellet grill but found myself wanting and needing the convenience of a pellet smoker! So I’ve had my grill since July 3rd got it for a smokin deal at Lowe’s on their 4th of July sale! As of this post I haven’t touched my offset and I’ve done about 7 maybe 8 briskets in the pellet grill Countless blocks of cheese, Smoked Mac n cheese, deviled eggs crab. It’s so convenient. And I’m glad I got the pellet grill.
Welcome from Alabama!

Welcome from the holler 🍻

Now you go on the journey for the best pellets lol. Long road there. Bear Mountain hickory is a go-to for me. Just trying out PB mesquite/oak. Seems like good potential. The competition blends I find underwhelming really and pretty much use them for burgers.

Welcome aboard.
I just tried PBs pecan oak blend on a brisket I messed up last weekend. I was impressed with the bark and taste though.

My go to is Kirkland. I’ve tried alder hickory and mesquite. My family loves the smokey flavor of mesquite and hickory but obviously when I cook brisket it’s for everyone and that seems to be pretty mellow so those that don’t like a lot of smoke flavor can enjoy it too. I plan on smoking a turkey here for thanksgiving. And also plan to smoke corned beef. Any tips for either of those would be greatly appreciated! For my rub I have a custom blend. The kids call its dad’s rub. We have a local bbq place here called BBQ2U that my brisket has been compared to and that is pretty awesome for me! Some have said mine is better and others say it’s comparable. I also use a rub called “Brisket ‘and on the 8th day God created brisket’”! That seems to be a hit too. I’ll report back with the brand so yall can truly it!

My go to is Kirkland. I’ve tried alder hickory and mesquite. My family loves the smokey flavor of mesquite and hickory but obviously when I cook brisket it’s for everyone and that seems to be pretty mellow so those that don’t like a lot of smoke flavor can enjoy it too. I plan on smoking a turkey here for thanksgiving. And also plan to smoke corned beef. Any tips for either of those would be greatly appreciated! For my rub I have a custom blend. The kids call its dad’s rub. We have a local bbq place here called BBQ2U that my brisket has been compared to and that is pretty awesome for me! Some have said mine is better and others say it’s comparable. I also use a rub called “Brisket ‘and on the 8th day God created brisket’”! That seems to be a hit too. I’ll report back with the brand so yall can truly it!
Welcome! I always spatchcock my turkeys for Thanksgiving. I use apple wood and they come out great! I smoke for a couple hours on low heat (160) for the smoke, then crank up to 325 to finish (165 internal at thy and breast) and crisp up the skin. Comes out moist every time and the nicest thing is that it does not take all day.

Latest Discussions

Back