Not reaching temp

024mula

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been posted, I did search I promise.
My pity boss pro series 850 now about 3 years old started last year taking a real long time to come to temp. Example 350 it would take about an hour.
I installed an external thermometer just to check.
This year same issue. Currently the smoker is on it’s been 1.5 hours. It’s set to 450 and 385 is all I can get out of it
Grill is decently clean, ash was cleaned out. I’ve tried the smoke stack open and shut and all in between. Currently it’s wide open and seems to be the best. Also good quality bear mountian pellets
Do I have a part that’s failing. Because I’d love to replace it and get back to normal.
I have a buddy same set up says 20 minutes to 400.

Cleaned the temp probe it was pretty filthy

Set smoker to 400

20 minutes to 300

32 minutes to 350

One probe showing 371 close to the smokers temp probe. External analog temp gauge installed in the lid above the handle shows 400

I shut down after the 32 minute mark

Does this seem good?

Cleaned the temp probe it was pretty filthy

Set smoker to 400

20 minutes to 300

32 minutes to 350

One probe showing 371 close to the smokers temp probe. External analog temp gauge installed in the lid above the handle shows 400

I shut down after the 32 minute mark

Does this seem good?
I could live with it. I never go above 350° unless I'm cleaning it or burning pellets to empty

I’m sure this has been posted, I did search I promise.
My pity boss pro series 850 now about 3 years old started last year taking a real long time to come to temp. Example 350 it would take about an hour.
I installed an external thermometer just to check.
This year same issue. Currently the smoker is on it’s been 1.5 hours. It’s set to 450 and 385 is all I can get out of it
Grill is decently clean, ash was cleaned out. I’ve tried the smoke stack open and shut and all in between. Currently it’s wide open and seems to be the best. Also good quality bear mountian pellets
Do I have a part that’s failing. Because I’d love to replace it and get back to normal.
I have a buddy same set up says 20 minutes to 400.
What are your ambient temperatures?
Are you doing the recommended preheat every time?

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 25
Back