Overheating Austin XL

Ashley89

Reaction score
Second time this has happened. Whenever I move it to a different location it overheats goes all the way to 500 when it's not set anywhere near that. Anyone know what the problem could be. Last time I messed with and messed with it and it finally started working don't have time for that this time have meat waiting to go in. Also there is no grease ect. Have already cleaned and checked that stuff.

If you're controling with a app shut it down and set temp on grill.
Is this a common problem? I've had my PID controller in my 700FB going way above 500 recently, but only when I try to get it hottish. Never occurred to me that it might be connected to the app. I'll operate it with only the dial when I cook up burgers later.

Is this a common problem? I've had my PID controller in my 700FB going way above 500 recently, but only when I try to get it hottish. Never occurred to me that it might be connected to the app. I'll operate it with only the dial when I cook up burgers later.
No just a trouble shooting step to start with. My 1150 when I first bought it would go stupid using the app.

No just a trouble shooting step to start with. My 1150 when I first bought it would go stupid using the app.
Thanks. I find that the app is sometimes not able to talk to the gril, and other times, it can see temps but can't change temps. Further away I am, the more likely these issues are (probably outside of my fairly large wifi range as I rarely use bluetooth), but they have happened at all ranges and I think I was able to clear the state clearing the app cache and unplugging the grill then plugging it back in.

Back