PB1100PSC2

policekat

Reaction score
MY PIT BOSS 1100 WOULDN'T FIRE UP YESTERDAY. IT COMES ON ADN THE TEMP GETS TO A LITTLE OVER 100 DEGREES AND THEN THROWS AN ERROR CODE. I EMPTIED PELLETS OUT OF THE HOLDING TANK TO SEE IF THERE WAS A BLOCKAGE AND SAW NOTHING. I GUESS I NEED TO TAKE THE GRATES OUT AND CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS BLOCKAGE ON THE INSIDE. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT! ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

What error code did you get? That would help determine what is going on.

Definitely take the grates out and look at your burn pot. It isn't that big of a deal. When is the last time you vacuumed out the ashes in the burn pot?

MY PIT BOSS 1100 WOULDN'T FIRE UP YESTERDAY. IT COMES ON ADN THE TEMP GETS TO A LITTLE OVER 100 DEGREES AND THEN THROWS AN ERROR CODE. I EMPTIED PELLETS OUT OF THE HOLDING TANK TO SEE IF THERE WAS A BLOCKAGE AND SAW NOTHING. I GUESS I NEED TO TAKE THE GRATES OUT AND CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS BLOCKAGE ON THE INSIDE. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT! ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?
If you find no blockage it’s probably the controller
Did you have a power surge?
I unplug mine after every cook when it cools off
We had a power surge due to a lightnin strike awhile back and it got the controller
I learned my lesson
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

My 700 FB is about 5 years old now and I am finding I need to clean out the burn pot after every smoke. I would usually do it after 2 or 3 smokes (1 to to 2 hours) but now is has been turning off. I checked fuse and it was good so I started cleaning after every smoke and it if working great again. Use a small vacuum and it is a 3 minute job!

My 700 FB is about 5 years old now and I am finding I need to clean out the burn pot after every smoke. I would usually do it after 2 or 3 smokes (1 to to 2 hours) but now is has been turning off. I checked fuse and it was good so I started cleaning after every smoke and it if working great again. Use a small vacuum and it is a 3 minute job!
I do the same thing after each cook and clean the temperature sensor

Back