Pitboss Pro not turning on.

outlaw1bravo

Reaction score
So I have the pitboss pro 1150 I bought from Lowe’s Dec 21, 2020….I’ve used it a lot and last week I plugged it in and it didn’t turn on. I called customer service and they said to first replace the 5 amp fuse and call them back if that doesn’t work, so I did and it didn’t work and I called back.

I called back again today and they told me to unplug the red, yellow and purple wires and plug it it to see if the control panel comes on. It didn’t come on. They also said to plug each one back in and try each one….nothing happened.

I haven’t called back yet, guessing by the third time I’ll have someone send me a control panel I guess, unless they want me to do more trouble shooting. Or try and get a refund and be done with pitboss.

Has anyone had this problem? Also, I’m having trouble finding any YouTube videos showing me how to take off my control panel. Tons of videos on the old control panels.

Here is one video on how to change out the controller.
It's not the same grill but the process is the same.
Be careful not to cut any wires.
You will need a couple new zip ties to carefully wrap the wires when you are done.
Also make sure none of the wires are touching any of the fans.
You might want to test it before you put the cover panel back on.
I use a creeper to lay on when doing this.
I have changed mine 4 or 5 times, it takes about 10 minutes, not counting removing and replacing the panel.
Good luck.

So I have the pitboss pro 1150 I bought from Lowe’s Dec 21, 2020….I’ve used it a lot and last week I plugged it in and it didn’t turn on. I called customer service and they said to first replace the 5 amp fuse and call them back if that doesn’t work, so I did and it didn’t work and I called back.

I called back again today and they told me to unplug the red, yellow and purple wires and plug it it to see if the control panel comes on. It didn’t come on. They also said to plug each one back in and try each one….nothing happened.

I haven’t called back yet, guessing by the third time I’ll have someone send me a control panel I guess, unless they want me to do more trouble shooting. Or try and get a refund and be done with pitboss.

Has anyone had this problem? Also, I’m having trouble finding any YouTube videos showing me how to take off my control panel. Tons of videos on the old control panels.
Had the same issue right after I seasoned mine and grill a steak. Called pitboss and they sent me a new board. Easy to install since all the wires are different colors. Had it going in five minutes

Back