Pitboss Sportsman Control board

ginrin

Reaction score
Hi everybody I’m a newbie here but have had several smokers pitboss and traegers. My recent smoker was a Pitboss Sportsman bought at Bass Pro and that was last summer. After a couple of months the control board went dead and called customer service which were helpful and sent me another control board. Similar results worked for 2 or 3 times then it was turn on and shut itself off. Called CS again sent me another board and same results. Sending me another control board so am I doing anything that could cause this as the new board would work perfectly and after 3 or 4 uses it. Dies on me. Help as it’s getting very frustrating Thx in advance for any advice.

Hi everybody I’m a newbie here but have had several smokers pitboss and traegers. My recent smoker was a Pitboss Sportsman bought at Bass Pro and that was last summer. After a couple of months the control board went dead and called customer service which were helpful and sent me another control board. Similar results worked for 2 or 3 times then it was turn on and shut itself off. Called CS again sent me another board and same results. Sending me another control board so am I doing anything that could cause this as the new board would work perfectly and after 3 or 4 uses it. Dies on me. Help as it’s getting very frustrating Thx in advance for any advice.
Welcome from Texas to the group!
I do know for awhile they were having issues with their controllers
I know you’ve probably done this but make sure the wires are hooked up correctly
It almost sounds like there’s a short somewhere in the wiring. Let me know what you find out
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back