Pro Series Auger Issues - Resolved

Steven7982

Media
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First time poster. I’m hoping someone can help advise on how to fix an auger issue I’m experiencing. I bought my Pro Series 1150 this summer and have enjoyed it so far without any issues. Went to use it today and the auger was clogged. I took it apart, cleaned it, and tested it. It was back to working. However, once I added pellets, it immediately clogs again. I also repeated the unclogging process a second time with the same results. It worked but then immediately clogged. Anyone had this issue before? I’ve been searching the internet without seeing a similar situation. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone. First time poster. I’m hoping someone can help advise on how to fix an auger issue I’m experiencing. I bought my Pro Series 1150 this summer and have enjoyed it so far without any issues. Went to use it today and the auger was clogged. I took it apart, cleaned it, and tested it. It was back to working. However, once I added pellets, it immediately clogs again. I also repeated the unclogging process a second time with the same results. It worked but then immediately clogged. Anyone had this issue before? I’ve been searching the internet without seeing a similar situation. Thanks in advance!
Welcome from Texas to the group!
You might try sifting them through a colander
If that doesn’t work switch brand of pellets
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Thanks for the feedback. Been using Pit Boss branded pellets. Wondering if I should replace the auger motor…maybe not receiving enough power?
Possibly
Check the connection and see if it has a lot of slack in it

When you say it clogs right back. Do the pellets make it to the end of tube to firepot? If you push the prime button will th auger try to turn after its clogged?

When you say it clogs right back. Do the pellets make it to the end of tube to firepot? If you push the prime button will th auger try to turn after its clogged?
No sir. Just put enough pellets in to be able to see the top of the auger and they wouldn’t make it to the end of the tube. Used the prime button as well.

It’s not the pellets. Pellets don’t jam augers, WET pellets do. Find the source of the water infiltration and fix that and your problem is solved.

Sounds like your auger motor is stripped now.

Auger Motor Check

From PitBoss: In order to figure out if it is the auger motor itself no longer working, or perhaps the control board is no longer sending the correct signal to the auger motor, I have a few steps for you to follow.

1. Unplug your grill from power.

2. Remove the “Hopper Access Panel” from the bottom of the pellet hopper (this will be a black metal grate).

3. Locate the auger motor wires (red/red to red/white).

4. Locate the fan wires (yellow/white to yellow/yellow).

5. Disconnect the wire connections between the auger motor and fan wires.

6. Cross connect the wires (red/white to yellow/yellow) and (yellow/white to red/red)

7. Plug in grill.

8. Power on to the “SMOKE” setting with lid on barrel open.

9. If the auger motor now works when connected to the fan wires, then you need most likely need a new control board.

10. If the fan works when connected to auger motor wires, then you need most likely need a new auger motor.

11. *If for some reason both the auger motor and fan are working after switching the wires than it was most likely a loose wire connection to begin with, switch the wires back to their original placement to test this.

Call customer service at 480-923-9630 Or 877-303-3134. And 877-303-3134 and
877-942-2246 are the tech line.

Probably stripped this plastic gear. Time for a new auger motor.
Screenshot_20231216_083146_YouTube.jpg

Probably stripped this plastic gear. Time for a new auger motor.View attachment 4906
Thanks for the reply. I finally got through the holidays and was able to take it apart again. Sent videos of what was occurring to Pit Boss and they are sending me a new auger motor. Will report back once I receive and install it.

Thanks for the reply. I finally got through the holidays and was able to take it apart again. Sent videos of what was occurring to Pit Boss and they are sending me a new auger motor. Will report back once I receive and install it.
Congratulations
You’ll be up and goin in no time 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back