Smoke Problems with my new Austin XL

Hi Guys, so actually i tested again with aluminium foil, without the foil, plate above the burn pot, without plate above the burn pot. So it looks that, it works best without alu foil.
So the best solution is now, plate to close the gab in front of the temp sensor, and plate above the burn pot. Im still not really happy with, because there come still some smoke out in kind of flaming out a short time.
What i can do in additional to solve the problem? Hope i can fix that.
Im the only one who have that problem? or is it normal to have that smoke what i have now?
Hi Hofa! How is your pit boss performing now? I've got an Austin XL Onyx. Mine has a heat deflector built in. I added a flame tamer from Smokes Like A Boss company (https://smokeslikeaboss.com/products/flame-diffuser-flame-tamer). At 180° - 225° F (82° - 107° C - I think?) my Austin XL gives off a lot of smoke but I think that is the smoking range of temperatures. I have made some of my best ribs in it. I originally started smoking with a traditional wood/charcoal smoker which, admittedly, gives a better smoke flavor BUT I had to constantly monitor the smoker to maintain the correct temperature. I really love my Austin XL and hope you are able to work through any issues. I'm pretty new to pellet grill smokers but I've found that this forum is a very valuable resource in helping me solve any issues I've had with smoking meat or the smoker itself.

Back