Weird Temp Problems.

JuggNuttz

Reaction score
hey guys, came across this forum looking for an answer and figured ill ask here.

i have a pit boss 1100 pro, been working well for years, i moved a little while back and after that, if i set the temp to smoke, it goes low, like ill see it sit at 140ish. but if i set it to like 300+, the temps running away and even the heat diffuser will start to glow its so hot. Buuuut, 200-250 and it seems to hold fine.

did the controller crap out on me? or did a connection get loose during the move? i was thinking of changing out the controller anyways to a wifi/BT one anyway.

appreciate any input, thanks folks!

Welcome from Texas to the group !
Do you think the igniter moved or temp probe?
And as you said you’ve checked the connections.
I’d call pitboss support about a new controller
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome from Texas to the group !
Do you think the igniter moved or temp probe?
And as you said you’ve checked the connections.
I’d call pitboss support about a new controller
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸
the igniter and probe look fine, as temps 200-250 work fine, but anything above or below things flip out. and well one thing you helped me with, i thought i was out of warranty for sure, since i bought it in 2019, and i had to look to make sure and im in warranty still. so thanks for making me check that! lol

so yeah, ill see if i still have my info saved on the computer somehwere, i leave the smoker at my sisters house as its too big for my condo, and ill call them, see if i cant get them to upgrade me to the wifi/bluetooth PID controller.

thanks!

hey guys, came across this forum looking for an answer and figured ill ask here.

i have a pit boss 1100 pro, been working well for years, i moved a little while back and after that, if i set the temp to smoke, it goes low, like ill see it sit at 140ish. but if i set it to like 300+, the temps running away and even the heat diffuser will start to glow its so hot. Buuuut, 200-250 and it seems to hold fine.

did the controller crap out on me? or did a connection get loose during the move? i was thinking of changing out the controller anyways to a wifi/BT one anyway.

appreciate any input, thanks folks!
Call customer service. Here is a link to my thread and the fix for mine: https://www.pitbossforum.com/threads/runaway-temp-pro-series-850.3198/#post-25100

Back