WiFi/Bluetooth Controller upgrade board will not stay powered on

Dkranz

Reaction score
G'morning,
I have a PB1000XL Barrel Smoker and did the Wifi/Bluetooth controller upgrade. I did a few smokes on it and worked really well, but this morning went out to start the smoker, and it would power on for about 30 seconds and then power off. Tried switching plugs, and it was the same issue. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks for your help

G'morning,
I have a PB1000XL Barrel Smoker and did the Wifi/Bluetooth controller upgrade. I did a few smokes on it and worked really well, but this morning went out to start the smoker, and it would power on for about 30 seconds and then power off. Tried switching plugs, and it was the same issue. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks for your help
Are you seeing any kind of error on the controller screen or flashing icon, before it shuts down?

No, the screen is blank. I the phone app finally connnected after my pit boss wood chip smoker also failed and had to switch, I just have a bunch of issues..
After reading the reviews for this upgraded wifi controller on the Pit Boss website. Some customers having the same issues as you. My guess is the controller is bad. Where did you buy the controller? Pit Boss website or Amazon?

Back