WiFi/Bluetooth Controller upgrade board will not stay powered on

Dkranz

Reaction score
G'morning,
I have a PB1000XL Barrel Smoker and did the Wifi/Bluetooth controller upgrade. I did a few smokes on it and worked really well, but this morning went out to start the smoker, and it would power on for about 30 seconds and then power off. Tried switching plugs, and it was the same issue. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks for your help

Welcome from Texas to the group!
I personally don’t want or need that on my 820.
There’s was someone on that said to uninstall and reinstall 🇺🇸🇨🇱

G'morning,
I have a PB1000XL Barrel Smoker and did the Wifi/Bluetooth controller upgrade. I did a few smokes on it and worked really well, but this morning went out to start the smoker, and it would power on for about 30 seconds and then power off. Tried switching plugs, and it was the same issue. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks for your help
Are you seeing any kind of error on the controller screen or flashing icon, before it shuts down?

No, the screen is blank. I the phone app finally connnected after my pit boss wood chip smoker also failed and had to switch, I just have a bunch of issues..
After reading the reviews for this upgraded wifi controller on the Pit Boss website. Some customers having the same issues as you. My guess is the controller is bad. Where did you buy the controller? Pit Boss website or Amazon?

I bought the Legacy WiFi/Bluetooth upgrade controller for my Lexington. It worked perfect in test runs right after installing, then one week later went to start a brisket and it was doing the same thing 10 to 30 seconds and turned off. Called pit boss support she hooked into my phone so she could see through the camera what it was doing, then sent a replacement right out. After a couple cooks so far it’s working great.
G'morning,
Thanks for your help

I bought the Legacy WiFi/Bluetooth upgrade controller for my Lexington. It worked perfect in test runs right after installing, then one week later went to start a brisket and it was doing the same thing 10 to 30 seconds and turned off. Called pit boss support she hooked into my phone so she could see through the camera what it was doing, then sent a replacement right out. After a couple cooks so far it’s working great.
Pretty cool, they were able to watch your grill through your phone's camera. Glad you got it fixed. Keep us updated if anything goes wrong with the replacement controller.

Back