Wifi does not work after changing to new app

Start with I have called support a dozen times and have replaced the controller, reinstalled the app many times
When i bought this it ran on smokeit app just fine
Upgraded the app and firmware and wifi is less then bluetooth range
I can successfully connet the smoker to wifi but it will almost immediatly drop the connection
If i am right next to the pitboss I will show a bar and a half in the app
10 feet away nothing
The pitboss is connected to my wifi 2.4 gig network which i set down to 20 mhz for compatibilty
I have checked my dhcp table and the pitboss is connected to my wifi network
I also have a app on my iphone 13 that sees the pitboss with a excellent wifi signal anywhere in the house but the app does not see it
I do long smokes qite often and I bought this for is capacity and wifi
But wifi dont work now
I am going to have to drop anothe 1000.00 on a different smoker and kick this one to the curb if something cant be done
Oh and ive tryed the app on android, ipad and my iphone
Ok i vented
I too lost connection with my PitBoss. Can’t even connect when standing beside it. I’m considering a new app and probes. I never really used the app to control the temp, mostly just for monitoring the ambient and meat temps. I like my smoker; it took me a year to learn how it behaves so not ready to upgrade just yet.

I too lost connection with my PitBoss. Can’t even connect when standing beside it. I’m considering a new app and probes. I never really used the app to control the temp, mostly just for monitoring the ambient and meat temps. I like my smoker; it took me a year to learn how it behaves so not ready to upgrade just yet.
Inkbird

Well pit boss dont even acknowledge this problem and to some it may not be a big deal However its advertised and sold with wifi and it no longer works
Come on pit boss fix the problem that you caused

Well fired up the smoker today, Put a brisket on and It appears pit boss has done something, I have not checked my APP version but Im guessing its changed on my IOS. It is not completly fixed but I had my phone sitting on the counter and noticed full bars and wi fi icon in the app went way out of blue tooth range and it stayed connected. It does keep trying to change back to blue tooth but at least I have not totally lost connection to smoket as of yet

Back