1st cook on PB 1150

Kp33

Media
Reaction score
So doing my 1st cook...doing ribs...cooking at 300...the 300 on the pit boss screen has not moved in hours...I guess thats the actual temp...amazing hasn't changed once....the temp probe which I have on the right side of the smoker hasn't gotten above 309 or below 302....a 10 degree difference between actual and the right side is awesome. On my pb 1100 the actual would change up or down 25 degrees and the right side was always the hottest part of the grill by 40-50 degrees sometimes.

Attachments

• 20210206_174749.jpg
    20210206_174749.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 42
So doing my 1st cook...doing ribs...cooking at 300...the 300 on the pit boss screen has not moved in hours...I guess thats the actual temp...amazing hasn't changed once....the temp probe which I have on the right side of the smoker hasn't gotten above 309 or below 302....a 10 degree difference between actual and the right side is awesome. On my pb 1100 the actual would change up or down 25 degrees and the right side was always the hottest part of the grill by 40-50 degrees sometimes.
Sounds like everything is working out ok... You do know though, when bbqing at 300* degrees, you’re not going to get much smoke if any from most pellet grills. Post back how everything turns out and Good luck.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Sounds like everything is working out ok... You do know though, when bbqing at 300* degrees, you’re not going to get much smoke if any from most pellet grills. Post back how everything turns out and Good luck.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi
Yeah I know...just got it...kid at xmas...didnt get ribs on until 4 so cooking way higher than I normally would. Normally never higher than 250....update....I move the probe to the middle over pellet cup and it never got above 310....also I couldn't believe the 300 was holding so steady so I opened the lid for 2 minutes actual temp on PB dripped to 270...once I closed lid it got back as high as 304 but has since leveled at 300. So far so good.

Latest Discussions

Back