An observation on PB issues

I've observed quite a few posts on issues with controllers, connectivity and and the App. I don't use the PB remote stuff, but it seems to me that PB is releasing their gizmos without proper beta testing or very poor QC. 😕
Pit Boss tells China to make them as cheap as possible so they can rake in higher profits, China can produce some high-quality world-class products.

I've observed quite a few posts on issues with controllers, connectivity and and the App. I don't use the PB remote stuff, but it seems to me that PB is releasing their gizmos without proper beta testing or very poor QC. 😕
For as many problems as people are having connecting their grill to both bluetooth and wifi, I'm beginning to think Pit Boss/China, went cheap or even faulty bluetooth/wifi antenna in their control boards. For one thing, most everybody says they have no problem connecting any of their other devices to their bluetooth/wifi, except for their Pit Boss grill.

Last edited:
For as many problems as people are having connecting their grill to both bluetooth and wifi, I'm beginning to think Pit Boss/China, went cheap or even faulty bluetooth/wifi antenna in their control boards. For one thing, most everybody says they no problem connecting any of their other devices to their bluetooth/wifi, except for their Pit Boss grill.
Or any other product that you connect to by WIFI/Bluetooth never has any issues.

No bueno.
cdea04f768e14d1dd324a6e4879a01f3-1454049617.gif

For every mechanically questionable post on this, and every other PitBoss page, there are literally tens of thousands of us not having ANY problems and getting comfortable with our fabulous smoke machines.

For the most part what you’re reading, on this page, are not reviews per se but requests for operational assistance. Folks know to come to this page to ask questions and get help the help they need ... with quick response and respectful answers. It why the page was created and why we’re here.

Folks are gonna ignore their manuals and be impatient and panic for no reason ... or hate the extra effort involved and be lazy and not maintain their toys properly; but we’re human, it’s what we do.

Keep reading, you’ll soon realize the smokers have their specific quirks but not enough for tens of thousands of folks to stop buying and using them.

So, the PITBOSS Grills app is reportedly STILL wonky for some folks even since the latest updates. Many have issues due to their personal Wi-Fi setup.

Although they are well aware and are working on it you can always Call Danson’s customer service at 877.303.3134 or 480.923.9630 for information or suggestions for the new app, and you can also contact the app developer directly … their support contact information is on the developer page in the app store.

I agree, but many recent posted requests for assistance seem to me to be non-mechanical in nature. I'm sold on the PB and not bashing them, and full disclosure, I don't have the electronical do-dads on mine. Seems there's work to be done here by PB to improve user experience with these gadgets. Just making an observation.

For every mechanically questionable post on this, and every other PitBoss page, there are literally tens of thousands of us not having ANY problems and getting comfortable with our fabulous smoke machines.
I have to agree with this statement. You just don't hear from the ones that have it working. Which I'm sure, far outnumber the ones that don't, but there are those that say they have no problem connecting other devices to their bluetooth or wifi, except for their grill. Mine works great, by the way.

I agree, but many recent posted requests for assistance seem to me to be non-mechanical in nature. I'm sold on the PB and not bashing them, and full disclosure, I don't have the electronical do-dads on mine. Seems there's work to be done here by PB to improve user experience with these gadgets. Just making an observation.
True… most of the issues with these awesome smokers are not mechanical but operational.

True… most of the issues with these awesome smokers are not mechanical but operational.
I agree. I see people complaining about not being able to connect to their wi-fi. Maybe it’s your modem/router. My modem/router will automatically connect to either 2.4 or 5MHz depending on what the piece of equipment connecting to it needs.

Back