Control Panel Freezing Up

danhurley99

Reaction score
I have a pro 850 and I’ve used it twice. Both times the control panel has frozen. First time, I set the temp to 325 and let the temp rise. The app notified me that the temp had been reached so I put the food in and probed it. I notice the app is being unresponsive so I go outside to check the food. The panel says 325 but the grill is cold. The control panel is completely unresponsive, I couldn’t change the temp or even turn the system off at all. I had to unplug it. I restarted everything and got it up to temp but I didn’t use the app and it worked, but when I turned off the system the fan ran for over 2 hours and I eventually unplugged it because the grill was cold and the fan was still running.
The second time was earlier today. Smoking burgers at 225. The app notifies me that it’s reached the temp and I put the burgers in and go upstairs to shower while my wife keeps an eye on everything. I come back down to use the probe and when I plugged it in I realized the probe wasn’t recognized on the control panel. I open the grill it’s cold the burgers are partially cooked on the bottom and the panel is unresponsive again. I unplugged and plugged it back in and the control panel freezes again. This time the auger is constantly running and and the ignitor is staying on. I seared the burgers so I didn’t waste it on the rising flames and then unplugged it. I plugged it back in and turned it on then turned it off so that it went through it’s shut down mode. Again, the fan was still running while the grills cold. I had to unplug it again which i’m guessing isn’t good.

Anyone else faced these issues?
Am I doing something wrong?
I’m really hoping I don’t have to return this thing. I asked lowes to give it to me in the box but they pre-assemble them all (at least what I was told) so I had to get help unloading it and I won’t be able to get anyone to help me load it for a while.

Controller gone south. As mike said call pitboss support they’ll replace it just make sure to do one wire ata time even though they’re different colors.

Latest Discussions

Back