First Pork Shoulder

Thank you,
I found it kind of flavorless to be honest. It needed salt and sauce. I don't know what I expected really. Everyone said how good it was so it was just me probably, after I spent so much time with it I was expecting something out of this word I think. I would like to do something else just not sure what just yet. I've done Ribs and Bacon (man that comes out good).

Thank you,
I found it kind of flavorless to be honest. It needed salt and sauce. I don't know what I expected really. Everyone said how good it was so it was just me probably, after I spent so much time with it I was expecting something out of this word I think. I would like to do something else just not sure what just yet. I've done Ribs and Bacon (man that comes out good).

I initially bought some "Special Shit" seasoning as a joke, but it's actually really good. It's my goto for Pork butts.

Amazon: Special Shit Premium All Purpose Seasoning (Original Version)

We also use that seasoning to for pozole as well.

Welcome to the group and awesome job on that butt!! 🍻 I did a 9# boneless from Costco 2 weeks ago. 13 hr cook @ 225. Pulled & wrapped it with butter and pineapple juice for the last stretch 😋. Set the P setting on max. Fed 2 of us for over a week. CanNOT get enough of that. Cherry & competition blend pellets work very well too. Keep learning & perfecting. It only gets better!!

Attachments

• IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4376.jpeg
    IMG_4376.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 5
Yeah-Buddy!
Welcome to the group and awesome job on that butt!! 🍻 I did a 9# boneless from Costco 2 weeks ago. 13 hr cook @ 225. Pulled & wrapped it with butter and pineapple juice for the last stretch 😋. Set the P setting on max. Fed 2 of us for over a week. CanNOT get enough of that. Cherry & competition blend pellets work very well too. Keep learning & perfecting. It only gets better!!

Latest Discussions

Back