First Time Making Beef Back Ribs - suggestions?

Slider

Media
Reaction score
Good morning all

Like you, I made tons of pork ribs, but never beef back ribs. I picked up a gorgeous 8-pound slab from Wild Fork that I am planning on smoking later this week.

Any advice and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

One of my favorites! Honestly I treat them like spares. Remove the membrane, it's going to be a little more tricky sometimes. Worcestershire sauce is the binder and I prefer more savory as a rub rather than sweet. To rap or not to rap is up to you, I usually don't. You'll definitely get pull back. I usually start checking for tenderness around 190. Also prefer more of a 50/50 mix when it comes to the sauce. Good luck and post you results!

One of my favorites! Honestly I treat them like spares. Remove the membrane, it's going to be a little more tricky sometimes. Worcestershire sauce is the binder and I prefer more savory as a rub rather than sweet. To rap or not to rap is up to you, I usually don't. You'll definitely get pull back. I usually start checking for tenderness around 190. Also prefer more of a 50/50 mix when it comes to the sauce. Good luck and post you results!
Excellent! Thank you

Good morning all

Like you, I made tons of pork ribs, but never beef back ribs. I picked up a gorgeous 8-pound slab from Wild Fork that I am planning on smoking later this week.

Any advice and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
8# ? Are these the ribs off the ribeye ot the 3-4 bone dino bones?

Back