Just Got My First PB Pellet Grill Today

pearlheartgtr

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been grilling and smoking for years and picked up a 700T1 from Tractor Supply on discount today (was the floor model and moved outside a few days ago to make room for the winter clothes). I'm going to buy the upgraded controller as soon as I get my 10% code texted to me (been waiting 2 hours so far). Tomorrow is burn in and a couple of slabs of St. Louis' will be the inaugural cook later in the week. Before this grill, I've been using an MES 30 and a Weber kettle for the past 15 years.

Welcome from On-ta-rio, 🇨🇦! Like you, I have been smoking meat for over 10 years. I started on a home built reverse floww stick burner, then added a Weber Smoky Mountain, then added a small Country Smokers pellet smoker that we mainly take camping. Once I got a taste of the convenience with the pellet smoker, I got a Pit Boss Titan for my 65th Birthday this summer! Life is good!
I did four racks of Baby Back ribs yesterday then a couple of briskets overnight last night! They are still going now after 13 1/2 hours. It is Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and I got to keep the family fed!!
I wasn’t brave enough to try smoking a whole turkey yet. That will go in the oven! I did a couple of whole chickens for a test run and they turned out great…..so who knows, maybe next year! Enjoy your Pit Boss!

Welcome from On-ta-rio, 🇨🇦! Like you, I have been smoking meat for over 10 years. I started on a home built reverse floww stick burner, then added a Weber Smoky Mountain, then added a small Country Smokers pellet smoker that we mainly take camping. Once I got a taste of the convenience with the pellet smoker, I got a Pit Boss Titan for my 65th Birthday this summer! Life is good!
I did four racks of Baby Back ribs yesterday then a couple of briskets overnight last night! They are still going now after 13 1/2 hours. It is Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and I got to keep the family fed!!
I wasn’t brave enough to try smoking a whole turkey yet. That will go in the oven! I did a couple of whole chickens for a test run and they turned out great…..so who knows, maybe next year! Enjoy your Pit Boss!
Smoked turkey - JUST DO IT!! You’ll never go back!! 🍻

Hi!

I've been grilling and smoking for years and picked up a 700T1 from Tractor Supply on discount today (was the floor model and moved outside a few days ago to make room for the winter clothes). I'm going to buy the upgraded controller as soon as I get my 10% code texted to me (been waiting 2 hours so far). Tomorrow is burn in and a couple of slabs of St. Louis' will be the inaugural cook later in the week. Before this grill, I've been using an MES 30 and a Weber kettle for the past 15 years.
Welcome to the club & happy smokin’! 🍻

Oh yeah, I like smoking a turkey, and I'll do one after Christmas, but I'm not brave enough to smoke one for the actual Thanksgiving meal! I'll let SWMBO take the heat on that one if the bird gets screwed up. In 36 years of Thanksgivings, she's never screwed one up. 😉
I wasn’t brave enough to try smoking a whole turkey yet.

Oh yeah, I like smoking a turkey, and I'll do one after Christmas, but I'm not brave enough to smoke one for the actual Thanksgiving meal! I'll let SWMBO take the heat on that one if the bird gets screwed up. In 36 years of Thanksgivings, she's never screwed one up. 😉
I was nervous as hell - 1st try was Thanksgiving Day a few years back. That’s where I learned to trust the corded meat thermometer. I did the “traditional stuffed turkey”. Only difference was the smoker vs the oven. I seasoned it with salt n pepper, rotated & basted it every 45 min with butter spray. Pulled it off @ 165 breast temp. Sticking to that made all the difference. Stuffing and bird were PERFECT!! Moist and tasty!! You can do this. I swear, I will NEVER go back. Apple and competition blend pellets worked very well too.

Hi!

Welcome to the forum.

Back