Flame tamer mod

Sasksmoker75

Media
Reaction score
Thinking of ordering the new 4 sided one for my 1150 pro series 2. Anybody else use one and what’s you thoughts? Too add I was also originally going to get the heat deflector mod as well but I noticed on my pit boss that the area by the temp probe is rounded now instead of flat. Did Pitboss make the change on the newer models? Bought mine about a year ago.

If you do a search for "flame tamer" on this forum, you will see a lot of threads discussing it. I think the overwhelming response is that it works very well and gets rid of the hot spot in the middle of your pellet grill. It worked for me.

Last edited:
If you do a search for "flame tamer" on this forum, you will see a lot of threads discussing it. I think the overwhelming responses is that it works very well and gets rid of the hot spot in the middle of your pellet grill. It worked for me.
Ya I read some stuff after I posted. I ordered the 4 sided tamer from smokeslikeaboss. Also ordered a heat diffuser from Amazon. Hopefully these mods fix my issues with this smoker.

Thinking of ordering the new 4 sided one for my 1150 pro series 2. Anybody else use one and what’s you thoughts? Too add I was also originally going to get the heat deflector mod as well but I noticed on my pit boss that the area by the temp probe is rounded now instead of flat. Did Pitboss make the change on the newer models? Bought mine about a year ago.

I have one and it works great. I have a 3 yearold Austen xl. Bought the flame tamer and the heat deflector mod. Mad a major difference in temperature fluctuatin. Now stats within 3-6 degrees as to what I set.

Latest Discussions

Back