Getting Smoker to Temp at Low Temperature Settings

MrTim75

Media
Reaction score
I have noticed that my smoker (PB850PS2) can and will get up to my temperature setting in a reasonable time when I set it above 300. This weekend I set it for 250, my smoker took an hour to get up to 225. This is less than a year old and I recently cleaned. I set the smoker to 270 and it reached temp in 15 minutes then brought it back down to 250. Anything I should be looking at?

I have noticed that my smoker (PB850PS2) can and will get up to my temperature setting in a reasonable time when I set it above 300. This weekend I set it for 250, my smoker took an hour to get up to 225. This is less than a year old and I recently cleaned. I set the smoker to 270 and it reached temp in 15 minutes then brought it back down to 250. Anything I should be looking at?
Buy a new grill worst smoker I have ever bought good luck!

Buy a new grill worst smoker I have ever bought good luck!
Sorry you had a bad experience. Like one of the earlier replies seemed to work for me. While not what I would consider ideal it did work and I will still likely call support for additional help.

I have same issues. I'm new to the pellet grill market and its a brand new grill. I'm hoping it gets better.

Many do as you did, bring it to a temp and turn it down for a faster heat up. Always have customer support if you want to reach out to them 877 303 3134 option 2.
Is this really the best answer for a grill that won’t heat up fast? My Laredo 1000 is just a year old and it takes right at an hour to get to 250 on the board. Inside, a third party thermometer says about 25-100 degrees higher.
Tried to switch to H, hoping it would heat up faster. That did work. 250 in 30 minutes.
But the inside temp was 350.
The bigger issue for me is that the inside is always much hotter.
New igniter, new temp probe and new control panel. No change.
Very frustrating.
I feel sorry for people that don’t have the ability or willingness to change out parts. Pit Boss won’t come do it.
You can’t open the box without losing 25 degrees immediately, so I can’t keep opening the thing to check the temp. I really don’t think I should have to buy a third party WiFi or Bluetooth internal temp probe, as they are expensive.
This grill was A++++ for about 6 months. I was Pit Boss’s biggest fan. Now it’s on its way to the dump! Urgh!!!

Latest Discussions

Back