I want to switch to stainless steel grates on a pit Boss 1150 pro series, has anyone done this and what did you use?

Drunken smoker

Reaction score
I have a pit Boss pro series 1150 smoker that I bought from Lowe's. Though I like the porcelain coated cast iron grates, I would like to get stainless steel grates on the main cooking level. Has anybody done this yet? If so where did you get them and what size did you buy?

Have you measured the size you need? Amazon has many different sizes of stainless steel.
I did measure, I just wanted to make sure that I got exactly what I needed. And wanted to know if someone else had done that before and I could do the same thing they did.

Wow, way to be helpful. :rolleyes: He's not asking for hand holding, he's asking to see if anyone else has done it and has any advice. But I guess you have all of the answers, and don't care to offer any, so not sure why you're a member of a forum.
I see you have no advice for him

I have some stainless grates I use to go on top CI grates to make things easier to move around. I like having the cast iron underneath for heat retention.

I have a pit Boss pro series 1150 smoker that I bought from Lowe's. Though I like the porcelain coated cast iron grates, I would like to get stainless steel grates on the main cooking level. Has anybody done this yet? If so where did you get them and what size did you buy?
I am just curious why you'd want to change and what the advantage would be? The porcelain coated are so easy to clean. It kind of seems like it would be a waste of money.

i agree with the OP here. the porcelain grates in the 1150 are a pain to clean. because it’s a criss cross pattern it’s nowhere near as easy as straight ones. i usually brush off as much as i can but end up washing them in the sink later

Back