I'm new here!

Welcome from Rhode Island. I have the PBV4PS2 for over three years and love it, I never ran out of room with what I was smoking.
I have quite a few large family parties. I used to run 2 Great Outdoors Smokey Moutain "Bricks" the big ones. They have lived their life and will be finding their way to the scrap yard soon. I was thinking that the pellet smoker was going to be the way to go. Can you at least sleep a few hours when you have the smoker running on a long smoke. Also how accurate is the temp control does it self regulate?

Same as Mike. But I’m not familiar with the other vertical models to comment on them. There’s a learning curve on using these things. Art and science.
Can you be more specific about a few of the things that you had to master with your smoker. I used to run propane smokers which needed all kinds of tricks and hacks to keep the night going.

Welcome to the club! If I were you, I would put more value in the size of the smoker than Bluetooth Connectivity. My PB1600 Elite smokes really well but the Pit Boss app is really glitchy. You can always add aftermarket probes that have excellent Bluetooth functionality if you really need to run it from your couch. Just a thought.

Welcome to the club! If I were you, I would put more value in the size of the smoker than Bluetooth Connectivity. My PB1600 Elite smokes really well but the Pit Boss app is really glitchy. You can always add aftermarket probes that have excellent Bluetooth functionality if you really need to run it from your couch. Just a thought.
I understand that. I tend to like gadgets. You might have just helped me make up my mind. Thank You

Can you be more specific about a few of the things that you had to master with your smoker. I used to run propane smokers which needed all kinds of tricks and hacks to keep the night going.
How the device runs in cold versus warm weather
Observing how the different rack levels in the smoker will yield different temperatures.
The need to rotate racks because of the temperature differences.
How smoking and cooking can be done separately or at the same time.
Using oven thermometers rather than relying on the machine for temperature readings.
Becoming aware of and then using smoke tubes.
Experimenting with mixes of chips and pellets in those smoke tubes.
Learning to allow more than sufficient time for a cook rather than cut it down to wire.

I’m new to pit boss I have a pro 1600 elite pse model what is the best position for the damper on back to be set for

I’m new to pit boss I have a pro 1600 elite pse model what is the best position for the damper on back to be set for

I'm new as well, but so far I don't see much difference between settings on the rear damper. I usually leave mine in the "less open" position thinking I'll get a bit more smoke that way. I've never had any trouble holding temps, but I suppose there might be weather conditions when the open position works better. Interesting you brought it up, because that rear damper was one of the reasons I went with the elite model. It seems to me that design "should" be able to hold side to side temperatures more evenly than a chimney design which pulls the draft to one end. That's nit-picking though, and like the old saying goes, it ain't the arrow, it's the Indian! Happy Smoking!

Latest Discussions

Back