Login Rebellion

LVSmoker

Reaction score
I'd like to start a movement to get PitBoss to change their app so we don't have to login to use it. What happens if they go out of business (or changed their login server like they did with the previous App)? I can't monitor my smoker if my internet is down? It's totally unnecessary and totally wrong. I paid for my smoker. I shouldn't need to "authenticate" to fully use it. There are other simple ways to authenticate an app (a simple pin for example). We.know they can update the firmware.

I'd like to start a movement to get PitBoss to change their app so we don't have to login to use it. What happens if they go out of business (or changed their login server like they did with the previous App)? I can't monitor my smoker if my internet is down? It's totally unnecessary and totally wrong. I paid for my smoker. I shouldn't need to "authenticate" to fully use it. There are other simple ways to authenticate an app (a simple pin for example). We.know they can update the firmware.
I did I deleted the app and use a separate unit for monitoring temps.

I did I deleted the app and use a separate unit for monitoring temps.
But what if your neighbor got jealous of the awesome aromas wafting across the fence and he changed your temps... LOL Omfg
I am so frigged up with two step log ins! Yeah I get it.
Hope yesterday was a blast!

Back