New Pro elite 6 won't start up?

froghunter641

Reaction score
Hello and new to the forum, first post. Long story but, Been having trouble getting my new elite 6 vertical smoker working? Bought from lowes about one month ago and been nothing but trouble. When pressing the start up button for 3 second's and release per instructions the intro screen does it's display but then goes blank. Seen a post on youtube with same problem. The person mentioned to heat the heating element up and the grill will fire up. So i hit the heating element with a propane touch for a minute and sure enough the grill fires up! Anyone having same issues or any help appreciated? Seems customer service has no clue how to fix this?

I would like to add i did get to smoke 10# of snack sticks yesterday. The bad- i had 3 burn outs in 6hrs, but the temp sensor was reading about 30 degrees off from some cheap oven sensors placed inside. Probably burned out because it was 40 degrees outside and i had it set to 170 but inside was only 140-150. Makes sense that a new temp sensor is needed? The good- damm this smoker puts out the smoke!!! Coming from a green mountain grill- it is heavier built and smokes more than my 10yr old gmg ever did. Which used to be a bench mark unit. Hopefully a temp sensor fixes this? It's a keeper for sure!

I had the same problem with my Pro Series Elite 6 that I bought at Lowe's, I called Pit Boss they sent me out a new igniter, little did I know at the age of 72 I'd be lying on my back replacing parts on a brand new $900.00 vertical smoker, but I did. After still having problems I called Pit Boss again and they said I needed a new fan, so they sent me a new fan and once again I'm lying on my back replacing another part. Still having problems I called Pit Boss and they said I needed a new Auger motor, after sending me a new auger motor I'm back on my back replacing that part as well. My fan still won't turn on until about 10 minutes after I start the start up process. When the fan wasn't working properly the plexiglass window showing the level of the pellets melted, my electrical wiring looks like it's been terribly overheated, still waiting for a new wiring harness. My pellet hopper caught on fire one night during a 1 hour Cook, believe me that was no fun to put out, and clean up. Pit boss has sent me out 2 new windows for the hopper and both of them are about 10 inches longer than what I have now, and I'm still waiting for a supervisor to get back to me.

I really do like this unit when it's working properly it's just too bad it doesn't work half of the time, thank God my Traeger Ironwood XL is at the ready.

IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg
IMG_6250.jpeg
IMG_5559.jpeg

Latest Discussions

Back