New Pro elite 6 won't start up?

froghunter641

Reaction score
Hello and new to the forum, first post. Long story but, Been having trouble getting my new elite 6 vertical smoker working? Bought from lowes about one month ago and been nothing but trouble. When pressing the start up button for 3 second's and release per instructions the intro screen does it's display but then goes blank. Seen a post on youtube with same problem. The person mentioned to heat the heating element up and the grill will fire up. So i hit the heating element with a propane touch for a minute and sure enough the grill fires up! Anyone having same issues or any help appreciated? Seems customer service has no clue how to fix this?

I would like to add i did get to smoke 10# of snack sticks yesterday. The bad- i had 3 burn outs in 6hrs, but the temp sensor was reading about 30 degrees off from some cheap oven sensors placed inside. Probably burned out because it was 40 degrees outside and i had it set to 170 but inside was only 140-150. Makes sense that a new temp sensor is needed? The good- damm this smoker puts out the smoke!!! Coming from a green mountain grill- it is heavier built and smokes more than my 10yr old gmg ever did. Which used to be a bench mark unit. Hopefully a temp sensor fixes this? It's a keeper for sure!

Back